“Great BBQ”

Add it.
Dickey's Barbecue
Ranked #82 of 209 Restaurants in Vienna
Reviewed 12 August 2015

Friendly staff. Orders are ready quickly no matter if you order online or in the store. Food is always good. Sometimes things are forgotten from orders though.

Reviewed 21 June 2015

I was the first to review this restaurant in September of last year when it first opened. I had nothing but glowing things to say. We continue to visit regularly, more than once a month.

I am sad to say that this Dickey's location is sliding downhill rapidly. I experienced so many bad things today that I've made a list of them for you and I am seriously leaning toward not going back. I arrived at 3:30 pm on a Sunday and was the only one there eating in the restaurant though a couple of folks were ordering take-out.

Problems:
1. Roughly half the tables were dirty when I walked in. At the end of my visit, I saw that all the tables were now clean but a filthy dishrag was sitting on top of a table right in the middle of dining area.
2. The gal behind the counter, serving side dishes, was flipping her beautiful long hair with her gloved hand.
3. After I walked away from the counter, I noticed the young man who serves up the meat was eating while standing at the counter.
4. Right in the exact middle of the eating area, someone had been sweeping the floor and stopped, leaving behind an ugly pile of junk that I had to step over as well as a long-handled dust pan.
5. I tried to bite into my fresh roll and literally couldn't. I don't know how long that thing had to sit out to become completely hardened. When I told the staff, the man handed me a fresh roll with nothing but his gloved hand. Really? That was not classy. You couldn't put it on a plate, on a piece of serving paper or anything other than passing it hand-to-hand and leaving me to juggle a hot buttered roll with my bare hands.
6. My on-going complaint is that the serving trays are so greasy on the bottom where you carry them that it grosses me out and makes me wonder what else isn't clean behind the counter.

The food was good, as always but these problems completely detracted from the experience.

2  Thank Dawn M
Reviewed 26 April 2015 via mobile

I don't normally rate a restaurant excellent unless it's a full service dining experience but have to make an exception here because the place may not be much but the food is good. We have lived in KC, Texas and South Carolina and have had some disappointing experiences here in Virginia- Dickies has fixed that. Wide menu choice, excellent meats, even plain, and very tasty sauces. Nice touch keeping the sauces in a heated dispenser. Fast, friendly service at the counter. Only a few tables, hard to seat more than 4 in a group, mostly take out but definitely worth a visit. Keep it up and this is our go toBBQ

Reviewed 17 March 2015

Dickey's is a nice, quick and fresh alternative to sit down BBQ. Order at the counter and eat in or take it to go. Pulled pork was really good, sides are tasty and the service was delivered with a friendly smile

Reviewed 28 January 2015

Service was great. Guys behind the counter were great. Third employee (maybe a manager?) sat on a chair and changed the channel I was watching from Comedy to Weather Channel (yawnnnnn). He then proceeded to focus on his phone.

Anyway, I was there for the BBQ. I have a smoker and now good BBQ. Was greeted with: "Sorry, no chicken, turkey, or ham." Ok, I understand. It was 7:00 pm. The ribs just came out of the smoker so I was entranced! I got the ribs and brisket (love brisket!), Ceasar salad, potato salad, and jalapeno beans. Absolutely no distinctive flavor. Caesar was ok. The potato salad had no real distinctive taste. Just tasted like plain potatoes. Yawn. The beans were no better. Just plain old plain old beans with a bit of spice.

The meat. Ah, the meat. I love BBQ. It was well cooked but tasted a bit industrial. I really could not sense any real flavor. The ribs had a nice red ring but also had very little real flavor. I like the smokey flavor of BBQ. I could not tell the difference between the brisket and the ribs. Basically: zzzzz. I could have cooked the same product in a home oven. Sorry guys. I tried two of your sauces with the meat. The sauce, even just a drop, overpowered the meat. What was I eating?

Lastly, the free dessert. Ok, you get what you pay for. The soft serve vanilla ice cream was OK but was basically like the meal I just had: bland and forgettable. Not a return visit at this location or any other.... Good thing they serve beer.