“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Seneca Falls
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 1 July 2010

Just returned from a one night stay at the Clarence Hotel, the rooms are small but very modern and comfortable. the bathroom is spotless and again very modern. We ate in the dining room as there is not many places to eat in the area the food was gorgeous and I would definitely recommned this restaurant.
There is off street parking at the back of the hotel and our only issue is that we were woken early from some road works happening across the road from the hotel however this was not the hotels fault and I imagine they will be finished very soon.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Busy_Bee_12316

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 June 2010

The linens in our room were elegant and comfortable. The bed had a chandelier above it. The bathroom was roomy with a very nice tiled shower. However the room did not have a refrigerator, but upon our request, the front desk brought one up for us. So our room really ended up perfect. The front desk was very helpful. My favorite tho was the breakfast buffet that was included in our rate - it was SO delicious and the selection was varied. The fruit salad tasted fresh picked from a local market. I could have eaten bowls of that fruit. Location of this hotel is smack downtown. Although the town is quaint, there is not that much to do there. We spent our time visiting the local wineries. We would stay there again.

1 Thank joyceTL4
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 June 2010

I am from Seneca Falls and live in NYC. I can tell you that this place is a gem. My boyfriend, who is a world traveler, LOVED this place!!! We came for Christmas and stayed 2 days and it was the most romantic getaway we have had yet. We never wanted to leave our room!! The bed alone was AMAZING!!! The food was great, same with the service and the General Manager was very friendly and accomodating. Her knowledge of wine- as she developed the wine list herself- was extremely impressive!! We enjoyed our time with fine wine, appetizers and friends in the bar area, where it felt like it was my own posh living room. I recommend this hotel to everyone I know that is coming to stay in beautiful Seneca Falls. Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Southern Cal
Reviewed 14 June 2010

A very clean hotel and kind of retro meets "W". The rooms are spacious and minimalist appointed. Very comfortable pillow top bed, quiet room with black out shades and huge fluffy bath towels. The only major critique I had was it could have used a chair or even a bench of some sort to sit on in the room other than a single chair at the desk. We had a couple of cliches but the staff went out of there way to fix. I read another review that suggested a fridge or even a vending machine which would be nice as the town shuts down completely by 9 p.m. I really wished we had been able to eat there as the menu looked great!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wine2
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 June 2010

My husband and I scheduled a get-away at Clarence Hotel with a room block of friends. We were pleasantly surprised that the design/decor from the lobby to the rooms mirror the Trump Hotel! Every detail is carefully coordinated for a zen like vision, which is balanced with the comforts of home. We agreed with our friends (who also stayed at the hotel w/ us that weekend) that the rooms have more amenities than we do at home! The food at the restaurant was delicious - from the continental breakfast to brunch buffet to lunch and dinner - don't miss the amazing desserts. The food has the comforts of home, but is very healthy and has a beautiful presentation. Kudos to the chef and all of the friendly staff of Hotel Clarence! The location is also perfect - across the street from the bridge from "It's a Wonderful Life" and near Finger Lakes wineries. Since I'm pregnant, I didn't make it to the hotel bar, but my husband and our friends had a blast. Happily, I was not disturb by the fun times in the lounge. Finally, the value you receive is remarkable! We can't wait to schedule our next visit!

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 18 May 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Clarence when we were attending our daughter's graduation in Geneva, New York (a short 20 minute drive away)
Our room was spacious, well-appointed and clean. Loved the hardwood floors. The hotel was very quiet. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful.
We loved the references to the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" (a nice story behind those touches)
We enjoyed the free continental breakfast each morning.
We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, Divine Kitchen on the last night of our stay and the food was exquisite! The wait staff were all very attentive and efficient.
Very nice bar (separate from the restaurant)
Located in small, quiet town of Seneca Falls.
Loved every minute! Will definitely be back.

Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 2 May 2010

Rooms were small but cozy and gorgeous! Beds were comfortable and the bathroom and fixtures were chic. Staff was friendly and helpful. We did not eat in the restaurant but did take advantage of a continental breakfast included with our room. Suggestion: have a small fridge in the room so guests can have cold drinks and/or have vending machines. Buying single drinks from the hotel desk was a bit inconvenient and expensive.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Holiday Inn Waterloo-Seneca Falls
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
Fairfield Inn & Suites Geneva Finger Lakes

Been to The Gould Hotel? Share your experiences!