“A Go-To Place If You're Near Seneca Falls” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Absecon, New Jersey
“A Go-To Place If You're Near Seneca Falls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

Decided to go here since we were staying at the Hotel Clarence and were out all day and wanted a good sit-down dinner. We went at about 7.30 on Sunday and there were only 4 other tables occupied. I thought we'd be "rused" out of there--but more and more people came in, and they didnt seem annoyed at all!

Decor is very dark. I think more lighting or candles on the tables would help brighten it up a bit. Kind of reminded me of one of the "remodeled" restaurants you see on one of those restaurant makeover TV shows.

Our server was the weaker of the two we saw in the dining room. In my opinion, she seemed like she just started the week before--previously working at the Denny's down the street. I observed the other server explaining the specials, taking time to talk and engage the diners, and even offer fresh-pepper with the salads. I couldn't even tell you our server's name, she never explained the specials (one of her other tables walked up to the front to read the board), and seemed like she was running around (almost spilling a drink on my wife). Kind of made me nervous.

The food was impressive. My wife started w/ a salad with homemade lemon dressing...a light vinagrette. I had a BBQ steak & potato soup. For dinner, she had the glazed salmon, cooked perfectly, and I had the shrimp with olive gnocci. (You could tell they were homemade.)

We opted to go to the bar for an after-dinner drink instead of dessert.

The only thing I don't understand is the name: Vineyard 108. I understand it used to be called D'VINE (playing on "devine" since the hotel is named after the angel from "It's a Wonderful Life" as well as a play on "of the vine"). However, the logo and the thought of "Vineyard 108" makes me think that this will highlight wines. I didnt think so, nor was there a "by the bottle" wine list available. Might just be my preference.

I would go back to Vineyard 108 for dinner and recommend it to anyone looking for a great meal in the Seneca Falls area!

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Great value, romantic setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

We were very pleased with our meal and service. The bread was delicious and the wine list excellent. I had scallops and my husband had the tapas plate with fresh local cheeses and meat. They provided fresh wine set ups to carry the remainder of our dinner and wine to our room.

Leesburg, Ohio
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

The name of this restaurant has been changed to Vineyard 108. It's located in the Hotel Clarence. We had a fantastic meal... My husband started with the BBQ chicken soup (which he loved), I had a House salad with balsamic dressing (just the right size and loved the dressing... perfectly dressed - not swimming in it). We ordered the filet mignon and the cognac-marinated salmon — both were perfectly cooked and presented. My husband finished with apple pie with caramel pecan ice cream and loved every bite. My meal was complete with some of the best creme brulee i've ever had the pleasure of eating. I had wine with dinner (compliments of the partnership they have with Barrister's), my husband had some delicious beer from the region. The barkeep willingly created an after dinner drink to my specifications — it was perfect. We will return for more great food and wonderful service at Vineyard 108!

• Visited September 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Underrated”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

This name of this restaurant has been changed to Vineyard 108. It is located right in the Hotel Clarence. We decided to eat there because, after a full day of wine tasting on the Cayuga Lake wine trail, we wanted to eat somewhere within walking distance to our hotel and since we stayed over night at the Hotel Clarence, it fit the bill. We made a dinner reservation for 7:00 and when we arrived at 6:45 there probably wasn't 10 other people in the restaurant. We requested to be seated outside so that we could enjoy the nice summer air. Our waitress was Sueann (or something close) and she was wonderful. Drinks and dinner were both delicious. I had the black olive gnocchi and my husband had the filet mignon. Both were cooked to perfection. I wish I could have tried their deserts but we were both too full.

We usually don't eat in hotel restaurants because they're usually not very good. But don't hesitate to try this place. It was very enjoyable.

• Visited September 2011
Seneca Falls, New York
“Nice Improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2011

I've tried the Devine a few times since they opened. The attitude of the wait staff never impressed me nor did the food. Tonight I was pleasantly surprised. The wait staff was friendly and very accommodating. The food was excellent. I will be taking my husband back i the near future.

• Visited May 2011