“nice romantic dinner”

Ranked #22 of 29 Restaurants in Seneca Falls
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2011

The smoked prime rib was great and the Macroni and Cheese was to rave about...

Reviewed 5 November 2011

Had dinner here one rainy night in October with my husband. We travel and eat out quite a bit and I was looking forward to some good food. The ambiance is ok, but not great, with a small number of tables in a very tall room, just blocked off from a bar with some portable walls. I started with french onion soup, which was prepared with no (repeat "no") salt, some cheese and a couple of small croutons. It tasted like nothing. I had a carpaccio appetizer for the entree, and that was fine, and a slice of chocolate cake, which was just that. There was a decent wine list.

When the server asked me at the end of the meal, how it was, I noted that the soup had no salt. To her credit, she immediately reported it to the chef, who scolded the cook, saying it tasted like onion water (which it did). How could someone not have tasted the soup in the kitchen? No offer to comp the soup or dessert.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Unusual Food- Well prepared. Real mashers, incredible dessert, unsual drinks, good service and reasonably priced.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

We decided to have a nice dinner downstairs since we were staying at the hotel.

The ambiance was very nice and the room was quite lovely.

I think if we went back we would just have to try completely different things off of the menu. The wine that we had at $8/glass was only okay. I didn't actually finish it and ended up ordering a beer.

My husband had the eggplant with a side of pasta. He felt both items were pretty bland and not comparable to what we usually eat at home. I had a salad and an order of the macaroni and cheese. The salad was small and could have been better. The mac and cheese looked good and was different from your standard fare but it was quite watery.

I would probably try going to the restaurant one more time if I was back in the area and would order completely different items based on the reviews here.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Decided to go here since we were staying at the Hotel Clarence and were out all day and wanted a good sit-down dinner. We went at about 7.30 on Sunday and there were only 4 other tables occupied. I thought we'd be "rused" out of there--but more and more people came in, and they didnt seem annoyed at all!

Decor is very dark. I think more lighting or candles on the tables would help brighten it up a bit. Kind of reminded me of one of the "remodeled" restaurants you see on one of those restaurant makeover TV shows.

Our server was the weaker of the two we saw in the dining room. In my opinion, she seemed like she just started the week before--previously working at the Denny's down the street. I observed the other server explaining the specials, taking time to talk and engage the diners, and even offer fresh-pepper with the salads. I couldn't even tell you our server's name, she never explained the specials (one of her other tables walked up to the front to read the board), and seemed like she was running around (almost spilling a drink on my wife). Kind of made me nervous.

The food was impressive. My wife started w/ a salad with homemade lemon dressing...a light vinagrette. I had a BBQ steak & potato soup. For dinner, she had the glazed salmon, cooked perfectly, and I had the shrimp with olive gnocci. (You could tell they were homemade.)

We opted to go to the bar for an after-dinner drink instead of dessert.

The only thing I don't understand is the name: Vineyard 108. I understand it used to be called D'VINE (playing on "devine" since the hotel is named after the angel from "It's a Wonderful Life" as well as a play on "of the vine"). However, the logo and the thought of "Vineyard 108" makes me think that this will highlight wines. I didnt think so, nor was there a "by the bottle" wine list available. Might just be my preference.

I would go back to Vineyard 108 for dinner and recommend it to anyone looking for a great meal in the Seneca Falls area!