All reviews wonderful hosts cottage room local ingredients b and b three courses wine glasses cape cod cottage free wine tasting chicken sausage other guests the finger lakes region frittata a lovely stay huge porch feel like family special anniversary trucks passing
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Ken and Diane were exceptional hosts during our stay. The breakfast courses were the best I've ever experienced in my travels. So happy they were willing to share recipes with their guests. Good location, very clean, grounds neat and well kept. Our room was light and airy with attention to detail. Well worth the rates, I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

This was our first time, but stayed with a group of family and friends and some return often. We are already talking about a return trip. We love the area and to have discovered Barrister’s Bed & Breakfast just added a new layer of fun and food. Diane and Ken are delightful, knowledgeable hosts who get to know their guests and treat them as extended family. The breakfasts are out of this world. The pears ... oh my GOD! There are - I am sure - less expensive and less delicious options but I doubt there are many -if any - better. Thank you for a wonderful break and your hospitality.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank ptsarlene2004
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

I would first like to say this was our first experience at a bed-and-breakfast. The hosts, Ken and Diane, were very polite and courteous. The whole time you’re there it is a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We meant Ken upon Check In and he was very informative of the area. He recommended some places for lunch and even informed us of an event going on in the area and the times so we could avoid the traffic, as we were not there for the event. All through out our stay Ken and Diane recommended places to go and we did go to most of them, all which were fantastic. We meant Diane the next morning at Breakfast and were greeted with a hug, which was different for us, but very pleasant and kept with the “homey” feel of being with family. The breakfast each day was fabulous, it was like eating at a five star restaurant, but without having to wear the suit and tie. We quickly learned at breakfast that they have several repeat customers, we got to meet a few the first breakfast we were there.

The room we chose to stay in was called Erin’s retreat, it had a small living room, and a bedroom off to the side. The bathroom was recently remodeled, but still kept to the same decor as the rest of the house. The rooms were beautiful and very clean. There were pictures and art of people, which we were assuming were family, however we did forget to ask. It truly gave you a being at home feeling. The living room had a nice little fireplace and was set up with a cheese cutter and wine glasses.

Overall the house was beautiful and well kept. Ken and Diane truly want you to feel like family, and they go a long ways to make your stay very pleasant. We would recommend this place to anyone looking for a quiet and peaceful getaway.

Thanks for a wonderful time!

Mike & Tracy

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cybermike17
Barristers-Bed-Break, Owner at Barrister's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2018

Mike and Tracy, as you discovered Diane is a warm welcoming person. Your comments are very appreciated and we look forward to having our 'family' return for more hugs.

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

My friend and I decided to take an overnight to Seneca Falls, and had a delightful stay at Barrister’s. Our room, a last minute upgrade, was spacious, clean and charming. Our experience, like those of other reviews, was enhanced by the information and stories Ken and Diane shared.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank DeborahR2187
Reviewed 27 October 2017

This B & B was fantastic. Ken and Diane were able to accommodate my mother and me on a spur of the moment stay, and we could not have been more pleased. I was doubly pleased because I am a practicing attorney and chose the Barrister's because of the name. Upon arrival, Ken gave us a brief explanation of the history of the B & B, which explained the name. We stayed in the Cottage Room, which was adorable, and came equipped with everything one would need for a trip through the wine country, i.e., an ice bucket, wine glasses, a cheese knife, and a cheese board, all of which was a very nice touch. The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom and room were clean. The breakfast was incredible. Three courses, all explained by Ken, with Diane hostessing like a champ. We had some sort of cinnamon or spice muffin with streusel, a mixed berry dish with oats, followed by the best quiche I've ever had, served with a baked tomato, chicken sausage, and grilled-spiced pineapple that had been soaked in blueberry orange vodka from a local distillery + juice and coffee. Most, if not all of the food, came from local purveyors. Dianne gave us some winery coupons that came in super handy. I would highly recommend this B & B, and if I'm ever in the area again, will gladly stay once more.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
BarristersInnkeepers, Owner at Barrister's Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Thank you for your kind words about your stay. We loved having you visit and look forward to seeing you again.