“Great Hampton Inn!”

Hampton Inn Seneca Falls
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Seneca Falls
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I've stayed at a lot of Hampton Inns, and this is by far one of the better ones. First is the location- it is right next to a Wal*Mart (with a market) and a Tops. There are plenty of places to get delivery from too! We got from Mark's Pizzeria, and it was quick and delicious.

But as for the hotel itself, it was the cleanest of the chain I have ever stayed at! Everything was spotless- the gym, the pool, breakfast, my room. Everything perfect. We had a first floor king, and I am usually not hot on the first floor rooms because of the street noise. But I couldn't hear anything! I go to this neck of the woods every year, and I would stay there again in a second.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is a very new Hampton Inn. They claim to change the comforter cover for each new guest (I really hope that this is true.) The breakfast was more than ample and they opened up a meeting room when there was not enough room to seat in the breakfast area. I would have been happier had the front desk been able to provide us with an area map. They claimed that they had none. It was difficult following directions to turn left her and right there when you are not familiar with the area in the first place.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We booked this hotel for a few days in August without knowing that two major sporting events were taking place in the area during those days. That explained our difficulty in finding much available at the locally managed inns. But, being familiar with Hamptons and not expecting to spend a lot of time in the hotel, I figured it would be all right.

I know that all Hamptons are pretty much standard and that the customer is supposed to always know what he/she is getting. But, really, does it have to be so cookie cutter? This area of New York is quite beautiful with a rich landscape of vineyards. Couldn’t you just construct a little patio with some chairs so some of the wine tourists could sip a glass or two outside? This place had all the personality of … well … a Hampton Inn. It’s too bad because with a little effort it could be nicer. That is, if they built a patio on the opposite side of the hotel from the view of the landfill. That’s right, a landfill. From the front of this hotel is a gorgeous view of a landfill. When the breeze blows from that direction, it smells like … you got it … a landfill. I can’t imagine the boneheaded corporate meeting where it was decided that this was a good location for a hotel.

The facilities and breakfast area were about like every Hampton you’ve ever experienced. That is, it’s really not even worth describing. It’s ok while traveling on business but pretty drab for vacationers. The rooms were just spartan. Other than a couple pictures on the wall, they had no personality whatsoever. The maid service did keep the rooms, and facility in general, very clean. So, kudos to the housekeeping staff. The front desk staff also did an admirable job.

If you need to travel to this area for business, I suppose this hotel is ok. But, for vacation, do yourself a favor and stay someplace else. There are many B&Bs and inns farther to the south, along the lakes, and near the beautiful vineyards. This place really offers nothing to connect you to the world around it. On second thought, that may be a good thing, since the world next to it is a landfill.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Seneca Falls was our base for a trip in the Finger Lakes wine region. Hampton was located at a main crossroads, which made it very convenient for touring. Our queen beds were comfy and clean. We had some issues getting the room to be the right temperature, but that is really the only complaint I have. Everything was clean and up to my standards. Our room refrigerator, which is a great plus, died during the second evening, which left everything in it warm...but I don't hold that against the hotel....it happens. We did report it when we checked out. Breakfast in the morning was included and a big surprise. A nice sized breakfast room was available, so even though it was busy, we got a table and it was quite pleasant. Hot food was available including my favorite, oatmeal, with yummy "extras" like dried fruits and nuts to top it with. It was very good and not like the yucky instant kind. Coffee was fresh and plentiful. Even though I thought the room was pricey, it was after all, tourist season, and we needed a place to stay. My gal pals and I were all pleased with the accomodations.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 August 2013

overall nice hotel, although it smelled really bad outside. Good breakfast. Our room had a noisy refrigerator and cooling system, but i am hopeful they all aren't like that. Clean rooms. Overall, overpriced though for what you get.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2013

This hotel appears quite new. The grounds are great and the entire property is very well kept. We stayed in a room with a king bed, and the room was very spacious. It is a very quiet hotel. The complimentary breakfast was excellent with a varying daily selection. There was also sufficient seating. The location of the hotel was great, as far as being centralized. It is near the finger lakes wine region, Watkins Glen and very close to the New York State Thruway. However, there are no shops or eateries, other than fast food, within walking distance.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This is a new hotel and everything was lovely. The staff were wonderful as well. It is located between two of the Finger Lakes - a great location. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were quiet. The small refrigerator was very convenient. The staff provided a corkscrew and wine glasses for us to use. We were also able to have a document faxed for free.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
Del Lago Resort & Casino
Del Lago Resort & Casino
#1 of 3 in Waterloo

Been to Hampton Inn Seneca Falls? Share your experiences!