“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Seneca Falls
Delmar, United States
“Excellent”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This was the best Hampton I have stayed in and the others in my group agree. Staff are pleasant, professional and genuinely courteous. All amenities were very clean and efficient. A definite go to hotel when staying in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kelly W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Seneca Falls, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you for such a great review! I am so glad that you and your group thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I'll be sure to share your experience with my hotel team so that they know our guests truly appreciate all that they do. Please come back and visit us when you return to the Finger Lakes...we'd love to serve you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Fineview, New York, United States
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were very happy with our recent stay at the Seneca Falls Hampton Inn. We stayed 2 nights to attend a wine trail event and found it to be the perfect location. The staff was friendly and helpful, the hotel and rooms looked new and clean, and the breakfast was very good. The bed, bedding, and pillows were very comfortable! We will return in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn-Seneca Falls! You are absolutely correct...the hotel is new (opened in July, 2012) so is in great condition and kept that way due to our amazing staff. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit and hope that we'll see you again soon!
Trenton, Canada
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel while shopping in Waterloo. I choose Hampton hotels wherever I travel in Canada and the US. Always pleased with the accommodations and the staff. I thought the price was a little high for off season rates.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kelly W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Seneca Falls, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay at the Hampton Inn-Seneca Falls. We are so glad that you enjoy all that Hampton has to offer...from our clean and fresh Hampton bed, to our free, hot breakfast buffet each morning and of course, the friendly service and local advice from our staff. And as the closest hotel to the Waterloo Outlet Mall, it just makes sense to choose Hampton! When your travels bring you back to the area, we look forward to serving you again.
United States
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We just got back from our stay. The hotel is really in the middle of nowhere, and I was surprised there were three hotels in the area. Once you exit the thruway, you drive on a road with a couple gas stations, you drive past a landfill, and you can smell sulfur. Fortunately you couldn’t smell it at the hotel, but on a hot summer day, that might not be the case. There is a Hampton, Holiday Inn, Taco Bell, KFC, and a WalMart all within walking distance of each other. A little bit farther, there is a Burger King, a Microtel, and a desolate plaza with a Tops. That is all that is nearby.

We had prepaid for the hotel and saved like $50 doing it that way. They asked me to put a credit card down for incidentals, which I found odd because the hotel doesn’t have a restaurant or room service, and wifi was free, so I’m not sure what you’d be charging. I didn’t argue it, and my card wasn’t charged.

The room was clean enough. There are signs everywhere that they change all the bedding for each guest, and the bed did seem clean. We had dropped something, so we were searching around on the floor, and there were some barrettes behind the curtains. They definitely weren’t mine, so I have no idea how long they’d been there. There were also some hairs on the floor in the bathroom, and there was a long dark hair on one of the towels that also definitely wasn’t from us either. There was also no place to hang a hand towel, which I found odd.

I had two main issues with the room. The first being our thermostat. It was cold and rainy most of the weekend, and the air was on, and there was no way for me to turn it off. It looked like it was digital at some point, but it wouldn’t do anything, and there was gross white sticky stuff on it. The actual unit worked because it kept blowing cold air, but there was no way to adjust the temperature.

My second issue was that there was no safe in the room, and this was big for me. If you look on the website, it says there is a safe deposit box, which I assumed would be in the room, but you actually have to go to the front desk. I am uncomfortable telling someone I don’t know exactly where I am putting my valuables. I don’t remember the last hotel I stayed in that didn’t have a safe in the room. Because of this, even when I went to the pool, I had to take my purse with me.

The free breakfast was actually better than we’d expected. There were bagels, muffins, eggs, fruit and yogurt, as well as some other things. It was more than sufficient for both of us. There was also coffee and hot chocolate in the lobby all the time, and I used that several times over the weekend.

The girls at the front desk were always friendly, and would say hi whenever we walked by. Checking in was easy, and there were a couple people waiting when we went to check out, but that was easy, too. There were also cookies when I checked in that were yummy.

I went to the Waterloo Outlet Mall during our stay, and it is about 10 minutes away. I got some good deals at some of the stores, but what should have been a $5 footlong at Subway was $6.95. I have no idea why. I guess they just raise the price for being in the middle of nowhere.

Unless you need to stay in Waterloo, the Geneva exit is the next one on the thruway, and it’s not very far away. You would still be about 10 minutes from the mall, only in the other direction. You could also get a room with a view of the lake that has room service and a restaurant, etc. It costs more to stay in Geneva, but I was surprised how expensive this room was for the area it is in. We had some friends staying in the other two hotels in Waterloo, so we were able to see all three, and the Hampton is definitely the nicest of the three. If you have to be in Waterloo, I’d recommend this hotel. If you can pay a little more and stay in Geneva instead, and not be inconvenienced, I’d recommend you go there and have more to do in the area. The hotel wasn’t perfect, but it was far from terrible. It would just be nice to have more to do if this is a vacation stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank BSBgirl337
Kelly W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Seneca Falls, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you very much for your review of our property and the local area. Your honest, constructive feedback allows us to continually improve as a hotel and a team. I'm so glad that you enjoyed the "clean and fresh Hampton bed" as well as our complimentary hot breakfast buffet in the morning and coffee and cocoa throughout the day. And thank you for recognizing my front desk team in your review. Each member of the team truly does want you to have an enjoyable stay at the Hampton Inn. I also appreciate your feedback regarding the cleanliness of your guest room and will be sure to share with the housekeeping team so that we continue to focus on all details. As for your thermostat, I encourage you to contact me at your convenience so that I can determine your guest room number and then have our Chief Engineer inspect the heating/cooling unit.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing the Hampton Inn-Seneca Falls. If your travels bring you back to the area, we hope to serve you again.
Arlington, United States
Reviewed 26 April 2014

A Clean, Safe, well run facility. Room was perfectly apportioned and the bed was clean and comfortable. Excellent breakfast that has a wide variety of choices for everyone 's different needs and tastes. Helpful staff that really care to make your stay as positive as they possibly can.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your recent stay and taking time to share your experience. I appreciate your feedback and the kind remark about our hotel and staff.

We love having you stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Seneca Falls.
Lowell
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Experienced the usual good Hampton Inn stay greatly augmented by a fantastic, friendly, extremely helpful staff - both evening and morning. They were very helpful with directions and with going the extra distance to help me finish a project in the hotel business center. Great job by great talent!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Thank W. B
Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at the Hampton Inn-Seneca Falls. I couldn't agree with you more...my staff is truly amazing. I'm so glad that they were even able to assist you with your project! Thank you for recognizing them in your review. I'll be sure to share your feedback with the team in our next meeting. We look forward to serving you again the next time your travels bring you to the Finger Lakes.
NYC
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We generally love Hampton Inn(s). Initially we had some problems with this one. We don't usually mention something about a problem, we decided to this time since it is a hotel we generally love.
We were thrilled with their response to our complaint. They took responsibility, apologized and gave us a very generous discount to allow us to visit again and see how great they could be! Everything was wonderful, from the linens to the giant free breakfast it was all a splendid experience.
I am so happy we gave them a 2nd chance.
Thanks to everyone who helped us and made sure our second stay was genuinely delightful.
Thanks so much!
Best,
Stephanie & Assaf

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank teacherinnyc
Thank you so much, Stephanie & Assaf, for giving us another opportunity to serve you here at the Hampton Inn - Seneca Falls! We're so glad that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and hope that you'll come back to visit us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seneca Falls
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
Hampton Inn Geneva
Hampton Inn Geneva
#2 of 11 in Geneva

Been to Hampton Inn Seneca Falls? Share your experiences!