“More people need to know about this place!”

The Restaurant at the Gould Hotel
Ranked #7 of 28 Restaurants in Seneca Falls
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Liverpool, New York
“More people need to know about this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Now called the Restaurant at the Gould Hotel, my husband and I stopped in on a rainy Wednesday evening. We are new to the area, knew nothing about the place, so thought we'd give it a try. What a nice surprise! The bar to the right of the main entrance door was full and lively with customers. The restaurant is to the left of the door, far enough away to have a quiet dinner. I was very quiet....when we arrived (7pm) there were only 4 other diners. Great staff....attentive but not overwhelming. We started with two salads, both delicious: a pear/brie/spinach salad....wish there was a little more pear and a few croutons or candied walnuts to off-set the 'soft' components for the cheese and pear; the strawberry/rhubarb salad. There was a sushi-grade tuna appetizer special with noodles that didn't last long....FABULOUS! Tuna was very tender. I had the fried chicken and would have it again in an heart beat! Perfectly fried, crunchy chicken breasts were not dried out....still very moist served on top of mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus all with a cream sauce with bacon and roasted red peppers. YUM!! My husband said I out ordered him, even though his duck with a pineapple sauce, coconut rice and perfectly steamed vegetables, was just delicious. The duck was cooked perfectly. The rice was a little to sweet paired with the pineapple glaze/sauce on the duck, but still good....reminiscent of a dessert rice in a Thai restaurant. We ate every bit, so no room for dessert.....next time! Most people in the restaurant (maybe 12 by the time we left) seemed to be staying at the hotel. More local people need to give this place a try in order to keep it going.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank profiterdelavie

New York
“Great service, wonderful chicken-but $13 for TWO shrimp?!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We hadn't been here since the early winter and figured it was time to re-visit especially since we heard there are new owners and a new menu. As always the service was attentive and friendly w/o being cloying. My husband's Caesar salad was delicious; my beet, apple, walnut salad would have been delicious if it had had more than a 1/2 tsp of dressing on it. I wasn't feeling that hungry so I ordered a Stuffed Shrimp (shrimp/bacon/feta) appetizer for my dinner. My husband had the panko crusted chicken breasts with sun dried tomatoes, asparagus and mashed potatoes. When the meals were delivered, to say I was surprised that my appetizer had only two medium-ish shrimp, only one of which had the bacon wrapped around it, is putting it mildly. The feta, if it had ever existed, was not noticeably present. There was a bit of greenery and a leek dressing. All of it was quite good and the shrimp were cooked absolutely right. But the tastiness doesn't make up for the fact that there were only 2 of them. My husband raved about the chicken, and I'll agree that it was tender, juicy and very tasty. The asparagus was properly cooked, still a bit crunchy and the potatoes were quite tasty. All desserts, according to the server, are made in house. We shared a tiramisu which was almost flavorless. The coffee, though, was delicious. I really want to love this place but I think it still has a long way to go. It doesn't come close to the wonderful meals to be had at other places, like Moro's in Auburn, to justify the pricing.

• Visited July 2014
Toronto, Canada
“a weekend retreat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at The Gould (Hotel Clarence when we stayed) and had dinner at the The Kitchen. It was a little slow on service but the food quality was good and we both enjoyed our meal. It was great to be able to local wines. I would give it another try.

• Visited July 2013
Danville, Pennsylvania
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

My husband and I came to this restaurant to celebrate our first wedding anniversary November 2013. We weren't pleased with our experience. Business was slow, being the off-season for the wineries, but I had made reservations for our dinner. Our waitress urged us to order drinks while we were being seated at our able, and came back five minutes later to wait at the table for our dinner orders. She was very pushy. When asked for a dinner suggestion, because we didn't have a ton if time to study the menu, she shrugged her shoulders. She stood chatting with another staff member as our orders sat for pick-up from the kitchen. Our meal was luke-warm. "How's your food?" "A little cold." She walked back over to her friend and chatted. She did offer us dessert, but I had to flag her down to get our check. No drink refills were offered.

The atmosphere was very intimate, especially because there were only two other tables that night. The decorations were lovely. Making a reservation was very easy, and the hostess was very personable. The other patrons were also from out of town; the locals hit-up other restaurants.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Allyson H
Pachuca, Mexico
“Great place for dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

The place is very quiet, it's ideal for a dinner with friends or family, afther the dinner, they have a bar with many beer and wine options, the bartender is very nice and good talker.

• Visited November 2013