“A delightful stay that was worry free for my food allergies”

John Morris Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 3 Seneca Falls B&B and Inns
Providence, Rhode Island
“A delightful stay that was worry free for my food allergies”
Reviewed 26 December 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a night. We were a bit worried about my food since I have a quite intensive list of food allergies, but the hosts were very attentive to our needs. While he and others had a 3 course breakfast, I had a delicious 2 course breakfast that left me more than satisfied. They were incredibly accommodating. The yellow room was adorable and we loved it! We had a private bathroom as well and it was perfect for us. If we ever go back to Seneca Falls, we're more than sure to stay here again! In fact we've already told others to go to this B&B if they're ever in the area.

Room Tip: The yellow room was very cozy and great if you want a private bathroom- it's a stand up shower w...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dru B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Williamsville, New York
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I went on line and tried to get a B&B for a weekend getaway with my husband. I must have called about 10 different places and they were all booked. I happened upon this little jewel by accident. I read the reviews (good and bad) but it looked to warm and inviting in the picture, I thought I would give it a chance. I am so glad that I did!!! Our host (Tony who is amazing) met us at the door and after talking to him for about two minutes, I felt like I knew him forever. He was sweet and fun and the most fantastic cook! The place was clean, cozy and Tony and John were the best hosts ~ Tony went out of his way explaining about the area, places to eat and shop and giving us directions, and when we came in at night he had a plate of Italian pine nut cookies waiting for us (I still need that recipe!!) We chatted about our kids and where we grew up, work, etc. and by the time we left we felt like we had made a new friend. Would we go back??? In a hearbeat, the breakfasts were to die for and the place was so nicely done. Don't hesitate, this one is hard to beat!!!!

Room Tip: We slept in the pool room - with the jacuzzi tub!!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Bronx, New York
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We had a very relaxing stay at John Morris this past weekend. We were traveling with our 8 month old boy and I must say that the rooms are amazing soundproof. We called ahead to get the okay to bring our baby as many bed and breakfasts do not want children. Please always ask about children policy when making a reservation at a B&B as a crying baby can dampen a romantic weekend for other guests. Your hosts will generally know if it will be okay with other guests to have a little one around.

Both Tony (whom we had more interaction with) and John were friendly and quite helpful. They guided us toward good food, fun wine and delicious goat cheese. There were menus for local restaurants and they had printed directions from their place to various restaurants. Tony even entertained our little boy so my husband and I could eat breakfast at the SAME time on our last day as there were no other guests (so do not expect this but it was a very welcome bonus for us). The breakfast was great as well. One morning we had a strata (I had never had this before and really liked it) and another day was bacon and pancakes. Based on the food alone, I would recommend this B&B.

The house itself is quite comfortable and kept clean (not full of spiderwebs as some B&Bs are). We were in the Morris room which had plenty of space for our pack-n-play and other baby whatnot. And the shared bathroom is HUGE. One day of our stay was rainy, so we spent the late afternoon and evening in the parlor, ordered a pizza and relaxed. It was perfect for us.
And the dogs are very friendly and nice to pet.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Albany, New York
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This was the most unpleasant stay in over 30 years of going to B&Bs. The main host was completely unfriendly to us from the minute of our arrival. The first words spoken --in a nasty voice-- out of the host's mouth when I went to the kitchen for an early cup of coffee was "It's not done yet!" and then he very reluctantly "allowed" me to have coffee from the pot he brewed for himself. I truly felt that I had to slink around the place and try to avoid the host for fear of getting a nasty comment or reply to any question I might have. I thought B&B hosts are supposed to be friendly and accommodating to their guests, not be nasty and negative and basically unwilling to help meet their guests' needs.

The grounds outside were lovely but the common areas and rooms have are way past their prime. Grey and drab.

And watch out because there is NO WIFI, so no internet. (To which our host added why would we want need internet)...It made it impossible to check restaurant reviews or to find and map out routes for our bike rides.

All in all the our stay at this B&B ruined what was otherwise a beautiful early fall weekend in the Finger Lakes.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gwonder
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We took our first trip to the Finger Lakes region over the long weekend and had a charming, comfortable, and perfect stay at the Manor. Tony and John were the most wonderful hosts! One-hundred percent professional with a delicious layer of personality and warmth. I don't think we could have had a better first B&B experience. Tony made sure that we ate *very* well, and John offered great recommendations for our day trips along the Cayuga and Seneca wine trails. It is surely a good sign that the local establishments know them well. They are doing wonderful work with the rustic manor, where we found ourselves frozen in time in a safe harbor from the city life (NYC dwellers- this is an easy trip!). Down the street is Lake Cayuga State Park, where we rented a pontoon boat on Sunday afternoon and baked in the late summer sun. Afterwards, we lounged about the backyard pool, bottle of wine with glassware provided by our hosts, then retired to our quiet, spacious, and immaculate room- I'm not going to tell you which one, because we want to make sure that it will be available for us next time!

Room Tip: Ok, it was the Yellow Room :)
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dunstable, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We spent 3 nights at the John Morris Manor over the Labor Day weekend. The setting is quite nice and well situated for visits to the many local vineyards around Senica and Cayuga Lakes. The grounds are well maintained, the B&B is set quite far back on the property and away from the road. The rooms were good size and clean with lots of old fashion charm. Although we didn't use the pool the water was clean the area is well appointed and very colorful. Both Tony and John are gracious and social hosts and we enjoyed spending time getting to know them. The breakfast fare all 3 days was tasty and plentiful with a bit of a New York Italian flare. The dogs, Bender and Bear, are delightful characters and enjoy visiting with the guests. We look forward to a return visit in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My husband and I had a lovely holiday weekend at the John Morris Manor. Our dear friend traveled with us, staying in the room beside ours. The home is clean with lots of character, gorgeous, manicured grounds, hearty breakfasts, a serene porch to relax on. B&B location was perfect, very close to the Cayuga and Seneca Falls trails. What could be better? The inn keepers are friendly without being intrusive. Loved Tony’s self-depreciating humor and sarcastic wit - we heard plenty of his stories because we happened to ask. The pool was surrounded by potted plants with brightly colored flowers, and looked clean and looked refreshing - although we did not use it as we were too busy hitting the wineries! We enjoyed the other guests, a diverse group of ages and ethnicities, and especially the dogs. Bender and Bear were very sweet and well behaved! We will miss them, and hope to visit with John and Tony again soon!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
#1 of 4 in Seneca Falls
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Holiday Inn Express Hotels Geneva Finger Lakes
Holiday Inn Waterloo-Seneca Falls

Been to John Morris Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!