“Good place to eat in Yellowstone National Park”

Old Faithful Lodge Cafeteria & Bake Shop
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Get good options amid-st the national park. One has to travel long way outside the park for good eating places. This sort of compensates for the travel around Old faithful geyser

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Great lodge cabins, book well in advance to avoid dissapointment, and the travel could be 90miles or more if you dont book as its busy. we were on a fly-drive and visited many placed. vegas, LA, Utah, Idaho. etc. we got lucky to find a lovely cabin so close to old faithful.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

This restaurant was amazing! The workers are super nice, the food is good too. Beautiful scenery, the architecture of the building is amazing too. Can choose from the buffet or the regular menu. Ate breakfast here twice and dinner here twice too.

2  Thank Cassidy S
Reviewed 17 October 2013

The food is your average cafeteria style food, which I just happen love. The view is amazing as the main room overlooks Old Faithful. That being said I want to let the world know about one man in particular. I believe he may be the manager. He was older with gray hair and I think he had a limp. (I'm not saying that to be mean in any way but I didn't catch his name and want to make sure I describe him as much as possible) I grabbed a turkey sandwich at the little deli they have near the foyer and it was this wonderful man who handed it to me. I went into the cafeteria to sit down with my husband and I remember this man walking past us and looking at me. I wasn't feeling well and had only taken one bite of my sandwich and wrapped it back up. A little time went by and as I was on my way to the bathroom this man stopped me and said "Excuse me Miss, I noticed you didn't eat your sandwich. Can I heat it up for you perhaps?" I told him thank you but that I wasn't feeling good and he touched my arm and let me know if he could do anything for me I just had to ask. How this man remembered me out of the throngs of tourists is something I will always appreciate and never forget! Thank you!

1  Thank Tamara C
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The cafeteria is in the lodge building to the right of the visitor center if facing old faithful geyser.This can be a godsend if the restaurants are full and you dont have a reservation.
similar to other cafeterias, this place has both hot and cold items such as soup,philly cheese steak,mac and cheese,pot roast, ect.... Most items have been cooked at one time of day and placed in heated serving sections.(that they give to you). Nothing is cooked to order here so how fresh it it depends on when you come.
The good news is there is enough choices here to satisfy anyone's appitite or budget. the lines here are seldom long and the food quality is better than any of the fast food places in the old faithful area.
Once you have made your selections, take your tray to the cashier and seat wherever you want. there are plenty of tables and lots of space. Free refills on your soda drinks and condiments are on the tables.
The building also has a large gift shop,coffee stand, and sitting area with views of the geyser. this is a good all purpose place to eat. Expect to pay around 12 dollars per person for food serving side and drink. We walked from the snow lodge to eat here only took 5 min.

3  Thank mountiamsandcanyons