“Ok food. Way overpriced.”

Old Faithful Lodge Cafeteria & Bake Shop
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were all starving after walking around the Old Faithful boardwalk. We decided to just grab some lunch at the cafeteria. The staff was friendly. My husband and I had the pulled pork sandwich with chips and my kids split a kids chicken breast. The food wasn't bad, it was ok. But, it was so expensive for what it was! It cost our family over $40, for lunch! It was outrageous how much it cost.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had a garden salad and mac&cheese. Mac&Cheese tasted like is Stouffler Frozen Mac&Cheese but after the inedible garden salad, I welcomed the mac&&cheese! As we walked into the cafe, a busload of tourist lined up to get bison burgers so we headed for the shortest line. Maybe that was our mistake. My husband got lasagna - so overcooked that it fell through the tings of the fork!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had spent a long and enjoyable day in the Park and fancied eating here so we could maximise the rest of our time. We looked around the various service points and selected the Bison meatloaf, so were disappointed to be told they had run out, although more was expected. That's a bit puzzling as it was approaching peak dinner time, and there were lots of guests looking for meals - a canny restaurateur would have been stocked up ready.

Anyway, we admired the adjacent lounge (and bought a print from a local wildlife photographer) then checked back and the meatloaf had returned!

The meal was ok, nothing outstanding, but it served the purpose and we left with all hunger pangs satiated. The lass clearing the plates was friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

This is a busy place at lunch! Our food was very good. This is the place to go for a great salad. There is also a great view of Old Faithful (if you can sit by the window).

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had dinner here while waiting for Old Faithful to errupt. My sister had the hummus wrap and I chose the turkey dinner with two sides. She loved the hummus wrap but my food was barely warm. There is a microwave in the dining room to heat your meal but I was worried about how long it had been sitting due to the temperature of the food. Other than the temperature the food was very good though and a good value for your money in the park. And the view....well there is no other view like it in the world!