“What a Great Day!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a Great Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We booked a half day horseback ride several months before our trip. Jett was very good about keeping us informed about the upcoming trip.

On the day of the ride, we met Carrie, Rachel and Jess in Mammoth. They were right on time and very organized, knowledgeable and friendly. We followed them to the trailhead where they unloaded the horses. They had each rider assigned to a horse according to skill level. Rachel gave a very helpful riding lesson, telling us the most important things we needed to know for the ride. Jess helped me get onto Dodger and told me a little about his personality. Carrie rode near me and I really enjoyed talking with her about life as an outfitter.

We enjoyed the ride so much. I would highly recommend Yellowstone Wilderness Outfitters for a fun experience at YNP!

4 Thank Donna L

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Beautiful ride! Wranglers were good w the customers but we felt they were harsh w the animals. The ride was nice, had a quick lunch and took breaks when needed for the riders and horses. The price $180 per person, alittle high, but would do it again maybe w a different company.

5 Thank AVStringerJr
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I always dreamed of trail riding in the mountains. The half day trip was easy to schedule and was a great experience for my teenage son and me. Scenary was fantastic and our guide was very knowledgeable and patient. I highly recommend this business!

3 Thank Pgwing
Truckee, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Terrible because they do not update their online calendar”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Planned our Yellowstone vacation including a full day horse ride with this company. I viewed their online calendar many times before our visit, it showed that the dates we wanted to ride were available.
Well, they don't update their online calendar,they were fully booked and we missed out on a great adventure.

10 Thank Tim C
Tehachapi, California
126 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“Auto Drive in Yellowstone”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

This place is magical! We only have three days and we are here in early May so most of the park is open, but not all of it. We were able to take the drive to Fishing Bridge today. The visitor center was closed (I think they open 5/9) but the drive was beautiful. The meadows are partially covered in snow. If you are planning on going this time of year, it is great, beautiful and hardly anyone on the park -- for the reasons I mentioned. If I had it to do over, i'd plan this trip for later in May.

Visited May 2014