“Awesome Wilderness Horseback ride”

Yellowstone Wilderness Outfitters
Grenada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Wilderness Horseback ride”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Our guide, Carrie, was very nice and Awesome! Jett gave us great instruction and information before we set out. Carrie led our ride up to Sepulcher Mountain which was very beautiful through the wilderness. Then once we got up to the mountain side, we had lunch there. The view was very beautiful country throughout the ride. Carrie was very knowledgeable about the land and eco-system.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Bryan M

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Outstanding horseback ride within Yellowstone Park!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

This was an amazing way to experience the park for me and my 14-year-old daughter. The guides and horses were wonderful and we were able to see several different types of scenery within the park itself, including meadows, large rock formations, a forest, and mountainous scenery!
I highly recommend this company and their four-hour ride.

3 Thank Swamy N
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Awesome experience in Yellowstone back country!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Wow, what a great experience! Hubs and I did full day ride with Rachel as our guide. She was knowledgeable about the horses and the back country of Yellowstone. The wildlife we saw-a bear, sheep, bison and bald eagle and some others.

I'm a beginner and hubs is an intermediate rider. Our horses were perfectly matched to us. The route was gorgeous and sometimes terrifying for this beginner as we rode along some steep, narrow paths. Chick knew what to do though.

I came away from the ride more confident in my skills and enjoying horseback riding more than I ever had. I also came away with some pretty sore muscles since the ride was all day. So glad we did it!

3 Thank LetsGoAwaySomewhere
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a Great Day!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We booked a half day horseback ride several months before our trip. Jett was very good about keeping us informed about the upcoming trip.

On the day of the ride, we met Carrie, Rachel and Jess in Mammoth. They were right on time and very organized, knowledgeable and friendly. We followed them to the trailhead where they unloaded the horses. They had each rider assigned to a horse according to skill level. Rachel gave a very helpful riding lesson, telling us the most important things we needed to know for the ride. Jess helped me get onto Dodger and told me a little about his personality. Carrie rode near me and I really enjoyed talking with her about life as an outfitter.

We enjoyed the ride so much. I would highly recommend Yellowstone Wilderness Outfitters for a fun experience at YNP!

4 Thank Donna L
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very nice experience”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Beautiful ride! Wranglers were good w the customers but we felt they were harsh w the animals. The ride was nice, had a quick lunch and took breaks when needed for the riders and horses. The price $180 per person, alittle high, but would do it again maybe w a different company.

5 Thank AVStringerJr