“One of my favorite stops in the Park”
Review of Biscuit Basin

Biscuit Basin
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stopped to see this, as it was off the main road. I'm glad we did! Amazing colored pools, hot springs, and lots of thermal activity. I recommend it, as it contains a little bit of everything.

1  Thank V B

Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

I found this to be as interesting as the more famous Middle Geyser Basin although not as large. The geyers here have wide ranging colors and are very close to the boardwalk. Walkway is about 1/2 mile around and mostly flat. Good sized parking lot but can be crowded. Would rate this as a must see if in the area.

4  Thank remarcm
Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

We almost did not stop here because we had stopped at all of the other basins that day and didn't think that we'd miss anything. We were happy that we stopped! It's a short walk, and we saw two geysers go off. The Sapphire Pool is the bluest pool I have seen. Bluer than Grand Prismatic. Also, there is a nice little stream on your way out, that is refreshing to walk in. If you don't stop at all thermal areas, I'd recommend Biscuit Basin, upper Geyser Basin (Old Faithful), and Omg..sooo creepy. I was having a beer on y porch an noticed a neighbor that I don't know standing on the edge of our property watching me. When I noticed him, he casually strolled down the street and then sprinted when he hit his driveway Midway Geyser Basin (Grand Prismatic).

1  Thank RileyAnn
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I actually preferred this volcanic hot spot over anywhere else in the park. If you can only visit one area for hot springs, go here. No, they don't have the same colors you'd find at Grand Prismatic or the activity at Old Faithful, but it was really nice.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We visited all of the hot springs and geysers during our visit and I almost skipped Biscuit Basin on our way to old Faithful as what would be new? What a mistake it would have been to have missed the "Windex" blue of the pools and the orange and green flows. The boardwalk was easy to walk and we were so grateful we made the turn. Just after our visit, we were greeted by a grizzly along the river bank. Great pictures. If we had passed by the Biscuit Basin we would have missed the bear and the most beautiful place in Yellowstone. This needs to move up the chart on Trip Advisor, in my opinion.

4  Thank James H