“With all that space, we were packed tight.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Yellowstone National Park
Bridge Bay Campground
Reviewed 15 July 2012

There is no reason that campers should be packed this tight in a National Park. Especially in the A-D loops. I didn't notice any radios, but I was pretty tired from walking all day. I've been to many state/National campgrounds and this was not like the others I've been to. Bathrooms were OK. I'd like to see them remodel the campground before I would ever go back. I also didn't expect to have the site a paved curve out of the road. Since they were not back in sites, We all faced each other. I would have rather had a back in site. Also PLANT some trees. We had no problem with Mosquitos. Few at Dusk, but I thought there were very few.

Room Tip: Stay out of the A - D loops.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank WI_traveler68
There are newer reviews for Bridge Bay Campground

Reviewed 10 July 2012

We were given a spot in the B loop, even though we have requested one in the E, F, G, H or I loops because I was afraid of the noise that the other reviewers have been complaining about too. And sure enough, it happened to us too. For some reason, some people think it's ok to play the radio all night long (where did they get the power?!) or cut wood at 5 am, or trigger their car alarm every 5 minutes. Being so cramped next to your neighbor is not good for camping, you can hear a sneeze during the night from miles away! That being said, I haven't been able to get much sleep and that made the whole trip pretty tiring, and Yellowstone is such a beautiful place to see. Not when you're tired though. Than the fact that there are no showers, is pretty bad. Yes, there are some 4 miles away, but not after waiting in an impossible line especially for the ladies showers. Mosquitos are pretty bad, but that's common to any campsite. At least there weren't any bears visiting us during our stay. The campsite was pretty clean and the restrooms the same, which is a good thing.

Room Tip: The sites in the forest are more isolated and therefore more quiet. Also farther from the restroom t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The ONLY cool thing about our stay here was a bison laid down next to our camper. My 5 yr old son loved that. Mosquitos so bad our whole family got SO bit up with long sleves and pants, bug spray on AND a citronella candle. No hookups and no generator usage until 8 am, sun rise at 6ish. Pay showers were a 4 mile drive and very small and cramped. Park was amazingly beautiful, Campground was awful. Stay at fishing bridge instead.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I was not impressed with this campground. I have been camping all around this country and it is a shame that Yellowstone NP has to have third-party companies come in and run their campgrounds. This is NOT a true national park campground-it is run by a business - I want to make that clear.

Don't get me wrong - the view is amazing but the campground is just average or a little below. We were lucky to be on a slight hill for tenting but almost 75% of the other camper's sites were under water or had flooding problems. Very squeezed in.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SWMN87
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We stayed in the E loop the weekend of June 1, 2012. It is a tent only loop in the pines area. We were very impressed. I hate camping cramped next to my neighbor, and this was just enough space to enjoy camping without the whole campground. The pads made it nice to pitch the tent, as it was still very soggy for spring.

We brought in our own firewood, but the park allows you to pick up anything dead and down, so we were able to find kindling very easily. Check in was a breeze, the staff was very nice. The bathroom facilities were clean and adequate, though of course you have tourists who can't listen and were cleaning out their dinner dishes in the bathroom rather than the washroom. There was only one night where noisy campers were a problem after 10pm, but you kind of just acknowledge that everyone is trying to enjoy themselves and ignore it. Or you can grab a staffer.

The location was absolutely perfect for watching wildlife. Luckily we had no bear issues in the campground, but you are roughly 5 or so miles from Hayden Valley's bears, wolves, elk, bison, etc. You're also just a couple miles from the Lake Hotel facilities and Fishing Bridge's gas station and general store. You can walk down to the lake from the campground. There are several beautiful day hikes all within a 5 mile radius. We enjoyed the Storm Point trail that takes you to see a whole colony of marmots and an absolutely gorgeous view of the lake. We went around 9am and the whole lake was completely calm. You couldn't tell where the water ended and the sky began.

I would definitely camp here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PersonsCAP
Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

Reservatiin staff very nice very helpful. Check in staff was rude! Told lady size of our camper and you would have thought I asked for the moon. We're not accommodating at check in. Lady on reservation was sooooooo nice wish she were the check on crew. Great location though

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I have been staying at the Bridge Bay Campground for the past 30 years. My last visit was in 2011 and we will be back sometime in the middle of June, 2012 staying with our son and daughter-in-law and their family. This campground is run very well, reservations can be made online at http://www.yellowstonenationalparklodges.com, and there are even last-minute day-of openings if you arrive early enough in the morning (I never recommend this approach but accidents do happen).

I titled this review "A Campground For All Campers" because the loops are set up for everything from motor homes to tents, traveling groups to bicycle or walking campers. The restrooms are clean, water is always absolutely pure, and there are clean out facilities close by. The one downside to this campground is that there are no showers. We usually shower at the Fishing Bridge RV park a few miles away. We never mind the trip because we see wildlife all the way to and from the showers. We also handle our laundry in the sam facility.

Firewood is readily available for purchase and there is nothing like sitting around a campfire after the nightly ranger chat held in the center of the campground in a great ampatheater. In certain loops there are spectacular views of Yellowstone Lake, across meadows in which deer and the occasional elk frequent.

The tent sites are well maintained, ample in size, and each campsite includes a picnic table and fire pit.

But, the real reason I love this campground is its location. Using Bridge Bay as your base you will be able to see all parts of Yellowstone in day trips, and coming to and from any area you choose to visit, you will be passing through some of the best wildlife viewing areas known to man. Our family has a particular interest in finding and viewing bears in Yellowstone. We use Bridge Bay Campground as our base and generally will see 20 or so bears on an average trip. Although it might sound self-serving and don't want to purposely "pimp" my own product, but I do have an Amazon Kindle book titled "Bears In Yellowstone" that will certainly help any traveler understand how the park works and how to plan the perfect wildlife viewing vacation.

Room Tip: Upper loops are quieter but more difficult to manage larger camp trailers. Check directions so you...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family