“A must do”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Dinner buffet was real good and priced well, but same every night. Breakfast very good as well. Not much else to say.

There are newer reviews for Old Faithful Inn Dining Room

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This restaurant is in the historic Old Faithful Inn, a beautiful building that we enjoyed visiting and watching Old Faithful erupt from the mezzanine deck with a beer (away from the crazy crowds. Tip!) We decided to return on our last night in Yellowstone to eat at the restaurant. It is large and there were lot of people, and we were seated next to the buffet (which didn't seem worth the price to us), so we weren't expecting too much by way of service or food quality. We were wrong! Our waitress was very nice and attentive, despite the large number of people. Our food service was fast, but not too fast that you aren't sure if it's already pre-made in the back. For appetizers, I had a cup of the Roasted Red Pepper and Smoked Gouda soup which was delicious and creamy, and my husband had the hot wings which were not your average, frozen hot wings...there were more like small pieces of fried chicken with good quality meat. Very tasty!

For our mains I had the Pork Shank....it was one of the best pork meals I have ever had. The meat was so tender, it was like it melted in my mouth. The vegetables that accompanied the dish were nothing to write home about...I didn't even really bother to eat them because the pork filled me up. My husband had the sausage dish...he liked it but agreed that the pork was better and wished he got that too!

Overall, we enjoyed our meal here. The restaurant is geared for tourists and could easily have served mediocre food, so we were pleasantly surprised!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I enjoyed this restaurant for its proximity to my room in the old section of the inn. The prices were a little high, and my dish was only okay. I wouldn't order it again. The service was a little slow and like most of the restaurants in Yellowstone, it was pretty noisy.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The food is 4*, and the service is 5*. Very friendly and very quick. The atmosphere is fantastic, we had a really great time here. Make your reservation early as we had to wait for 8 hrs it was that booked up on a Thu night. Worked out fine though, we just walked around and watched the Geyser. If you are in Yellostone, it is a really nice place to eat. The lobby is gorgeous too.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had a late breakfast at the Old Faithful restaurant. Fast service and great pancakes. Since we were late, there were no crowds and the service was pleasant, fast, and efficient. Wait until after the rush and you will love it and have time to really enjoy the historic lodge.