“Still pretty much the same”

Mammoth Hot Springs Dining Room
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, View, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Still pretty much the same”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Lunch here was a necessity. We had little time and went in. The line orders in turn and then calls your number. We ate usual cheeseburgers and ham and cheese sandwiches. Inside the place is more spartan than the building looks like from the outside. Probably the highlight was a scoop of huckleberry ice cream for desert.

1 Thank Donald H

Aurora, Illinois
“Nice meal, slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Our food was okay, but not great. We asked for ketchup for my daughter's hamburger, but our server didn't bring it so I got up 15 min later and got it myself. My 10 yr old burned her hand on the dryer in the bathroom. It was a dyson dryer that you stick your hands inside, and she accidentally touched the edge which left a burn mark for several hours. We told the manager who looked at us like we were going to sue, when all I was worried about was the safety of other kids who could get burned. We didn't ask for (or get) reimbursement for our meal, or even an apology.

1 Thank HappyMomof3kids
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice Resturant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We came here for lunch. The lunch menu is limited, but the food is great. It is very nice inside and has a great view of the Mammoth Area. Service was great. We loved the fried green beans! I enjoyed the French onion soup and our sandwiches were great. I think younger children would not enjoy the meal selection here, tweens and older should be fine.

2 Thank optimuscamper
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Food was great. I got pistachio-encrusted trout and my fiancé got the bison burger. We shared the Thai mussels. The trout was so good and my fiancé was raving about his burger too. Portions were generous and the prices weren't bad considering the location (entrée $15-$25).
The atmosphere was nice, the staff very friendly and they kept the water flowing (it was a very hot day!)

1 Thank LaurenaKL
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Great food! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I was so happy to eat at a place that was so gluten free friendly! I had the smoked chicken linguini and it was fantastic! The smoked trout plate was delicious as well. The rest of my family loved their food too.

1 Thank jjlutefisk