“Fallen in Love with this Chateau Royal West”

and 1 more site!
Yosemite's Scenic Wonders Vacation Rentals
Singapore
“Fallen in Love with this Chateau Royal West”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We arrived at 7pm , dark and snowing, and collected the keys from the office. The guy managing the office was a little grumpy, and made us feel colder. On the other occasions when we required their service, they were nice and prompt.

Our stay was in Chateau Royal West, 3 and the half floors in all, was beautiful. Very well kept, well furnished and the basement even have a recreation room with table tennis, and board games. 3 bedrooms and simply awesome for our group of 7.

This property is located less than 100m from the office. On the day of departure, we left early and just dropped keys in the office, simple and easy!

If you plan to cook, ensure that you have purchase whatever you need before driving into Yosemite National Park. Make sure you top up full tank too for your car before entering this park.

1 comment is that Scenic Wonders deduct the full cost upon booking of the property. FYI only.

These properties are privately owned and managed by Scenic Wonders which I felt did a great job overall.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank The-SCH-World-Travel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
las vegas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

The crew at Scenic wonders is a five star service provider. They went above and beyond to make sure we were completely satisfied on our recent trip to Yosemite.

There was a mishap with our reservation, probably no ones fault, but all I had to do was mention it to the crew and they handled things as if I was at a 5 star resort.

Our original reservation was at the Yosemite View but it was being painted so they offered us an upgrade, Quail crossing & Yosemite vista.
We chose Quail Crossing. A modern, very roomy 3 bedrooms with queen size beds, each with private baths. A fold out sofa in the living room. A seperate bed in the washer/dryer room, which also had a private bath. The cabin is fully equipped. Blender, toaster, coffee maker, pots, pans, soup pots, huge frig. towels, pillows, linens. Board and card games, bluray player with plenty of movies, xbox with games, satellite tv and wifiI (bit slow but good enough for yosemite). Plenty of towels, The open, gourmet kitchen was a pleasure to cook in. Great deck. Easy access if you have anyone physically challenged in your group.

All in all, we were very impressed. Celia, Danny & Benson, well done guys, you are the foundation to the success of Scenic Wonders.

Looking forward to our visit back.

Room Tip: For internet users, the wifi available is not the speed you have at home so don't expect to down...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Holmdel, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Scenic Wonders has multiple type accomodations in west Yosemite......easy drive from the valley floor and from glacier point. The condo was clean, stocked with all cooking utensils needed, and had 2 bathrooms. It was quiet and away from the action part of the park.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank David P
Livermore, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was performing repairs the Wawona Tunnel and needed to find lodging for my crew near the site. We needed a comfortable place to stay for 4 weeks and Scenic Wonders provided the perfect location. I needed to communicate with my office on a daily basis. We were able to find an ideal cabin with internet and 3 bars for my cell phone. The site management was incredible. Our initial booking was last minute; however, they were able to help find us a place to stay at a good rate. Super friendly people with great customer service. I researched every place to stay within an hour drive from the Park. Hands-down, the best place to stay. Anything you need: economy to luxury cabins. I accidentally left an expensive ear-piece for my cell phone. They found it and mailed it to me. These are people you can trust. I can hardly wait to return with my family and friends.

Room Tip: For business travelers: Yosemite Vista is the best cabin for internet and cell signals.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Our family, 4 adults & two children stayed at the Pinetree Retreat cabin during the first part of October. Yes, this was during government shutdown! The layout of the cabin was nice for my elderly parents. There was a bedroom/bathroom on the first level along with the kitchen & living room area. They appreciated not having to travel the stairs. There were two other nice bedrooms and one bathroom upstairs. This area also included a living area with a futon and washer & dryer. The beds were comfortable and having the washer/dryer upstairs was great. The gas grill on the outside deck was very nice & accessible.

However, there were a few issues with this aging cabin.The satellite TV didn't work so we were encouraged to borrow some dvds/videos. Choices of movies weren't great. The upstairs TV only played these movies in black and white. A carpet tack was exposed in between the upstairs master bedroom & bathroom. The dishes were dirty & very wet upon our arrival so I washed everything by hand to start. The dishwasher, while it appeared to run, was terrible. After running a load of dishes, I could still see grape juice on the inside of the cup!

Room Tip: I would suggest finding a newer unit through Scenic Wonders. Location was nice & the management...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mathew S
fresno
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

So let me start by saying we have been to Scenic Wonders before...which is why we were so excited to go back. Shortly before our trip the government shut down... no Yosemite...wah wah. We did consider cancelling our trip. We spoke with Tiffany (who is always friendly and accommodating) and let her know our concerns. She let us know that they had put together a list of activities we could do due to the park being shut down. I've been to Yosemite more times than I can count and I've never explored outside the park. Tiffany recommended we wander around Nelder Grove which was awesome!There were other hikes we did in the area but it was more wandering around than anything. We are so glad we didn't cancel our trip. Scenic wonders is the best vacation community I've ever stayed in. I go almost every year...sometimes with friends and sometimes with family. Everyone is always blown away by how amazing the cabins are. Even if you weren't to do any of the hikes or sight seeing we did I guarantee you would have a great time. The views from many of the cabins are awesome! We stayed in Yosemite Vista (which is a new cabin for us) and there was a hot tub which was so nice after hiking and exploring all day.If your hesitant at all just call them and they will have a Plan B if what you wanted to do is unavailable!

Room Tip: We usually try and book the cabins well in advance so you have the best selection.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I just came back from Yosemite and booked a vacation home through scenic wonders, the one we stayed at was called the Fiske Cabin. Reasonable prices and the home was nice and clean, with a full kitchen and we cooked all of our meals while we were in Yosemite (4 days and 3 nights). It had a BBQ grill and the propane was provided for us. Washer and dryer in case you need to wash your dirty laundry after a full day of hiking. The Fiske cabin was listed as a 2 bdrm but it actually has 3 bedrooms. Two of them had a queen bed and the other one has 2 full beds. There were other vacation homes near by and they all looked really nice. Our location was perfect, about 20 min drive into the village.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite
Cozy Bear Cottages
Cozy Bear Cottages
#15 of 24 in Yosemite National Park

Been to Yosemite's Scenic Wonders Vacation Rentals? Share your experiences!