Our intention was to stay at the Ahwahnee Hotel for two days. Our friends had booked a corner guest suite. Two bedrooms were joined to a corner lounge. Checking in was confusing and it took a while for the check in person to understand our reservation. After a good ten minutes everything was sorted. As we were five people, the idea was for the single person to utilise the fold down bed in the lounge. This proved not to be a good idea as the mattress was so flimsy. A call to reception soon sorted the problem out with a mobile single bed put in place.
This hotel caters for everyone who enjoys the outside life, hikers, climbers, campers etc. the ground floor area is massive. As is the restaurant. This is like a ski lodge with very high ceilings and tremendous large windows showing of the scenic views from everyside.
The food in the restaurant was average but it was catering for huge numbers, the service was very efficient but because of the size of the room, the restaurant lacked atmosphere.
We arrived in temperatures of 75F however, the temperature dropped over night to 37F and it brought with it a load of snow in the morning. Many people were concerned that they would get stuck in the park and a lot of people were checking out which was a bit manic. Because we were on a touring trip with other places booked up, we decided that we too must get out of the park. The snow was coming down very heavily. What I did like with the Ahwahnee is that they did not charge us for that extra night. The two rooms and the lounge was $1000 per night, they probably had the right to charge us but they did not under the circumstance. My only complaint was that breakfast was an extra charge at $25 each which I thought was a bit high. We would go there again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park