The Majestic Yosemite Hotel
US$210
US$198
Travelocity
  • Pool
Lake View Lodge(Lee Vining)
US$184
US$178
  • Free Internet
US$200
  • Free Internet
US$249
TripAdvisor
US$162
Big Trees Lodge(Yosemite National Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
Yosemite Valley Lodge(Yosemite National Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,771 results
All reviewsdining roomclassic roommezzanine levelthe cottagessweet shopgreat loungepublic roomsdress codebucket listbracebridge dinneronce in a lifetimedinner reservationsthe main hotelcommon areasfour seasonsview of half domecorner room
Reviewed 3 August 2014

What can I say but, "Ahhhh." The Ahwahnee never disappoints. Visually stunning, the Ahwanee
has been around since 1927. It is an oasis of comfort and luxury in the middle of one of the most
beautiful national parks. I love going to Yosemite and I prefer to stay at the Ahwahnee when I am
fortunate enough to get a reservation. I have nothing but 5 stars to give for my recent stay. The
only two drawbacks were the Wifi service was not as robust as I would have appreciated, but it
is the woods, after all. The other mildly disappointment was the hostess in the dining room who
was not at all pleased that we showed up for breakfast 10 minutes before they close the dining
room (at 10:00 AM).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Very outdated and expensive. Not worth to stay. In summer, you don't see water falls in Yosemite. This hotel needs renovation and better greeting staff. Very overpriced. Stay out sight if the park and drive. You get a better service in courtyard Marriott in Merced California...

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank TrWorldTraveler
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The Awahanee completely exceeded my expectations. The hotel is rustic- just as it should be. It was clean with size able rooms. I had a balcony room which I would highly recommend. Internet service is not good but there is no better place to forget about it all. The location couldn't be better. I would have stayed longer but with the initial prices I only booked 2 nights. Wish I booked more. Expensive but so worth it. Can see so much more if you drive to each trail head then hike up. We made the mistake of wanting to hike more and found out we saw so much less because a 1.2 mile hike turned into a 6 mile hike from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had 4 nights booked here but left after the first night when alternate lodging became available in the park. We stayed in cottage 708, close to the main lodge. The day we arrived there was a power outage throughout the park. The main lodge had a generator so the rooms were not affected, however all the cottages were out of power and we had to make due with a portable lantern, sifting around in the dark.

PROS
location
service (concierge, valet, even their newsletter is better than the other park properties)
atmosphere (relaxed civilized whiff of old money luxurious vibe)

CONS
outrageous value (in any other part of the world the accommodations would be on par with a 2 1/2 star motel)

Staff was all very helpful and friendly. There was live piano in the great room for tea time and at breakfast in the dining room, guests hung out outside and in the common areas. You could imagine the same scene from 50 years ago.

Our cottage was spacious with an outdated decor, comfortable beds. As long as you didn't think about it costing over $500/night all was fine.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 10021NYC
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I stayed in one of the Ahwahnee featured cottages. It was the furthest from the main hotel, room 719, which only meant that it was very quiet. Really wasn't too far to walk as we were able to park in the lot furthest to the left of the hotel entrance. We have stayed several times in the main building but decided to try something different. We were not disappointed. Room was quite large with a private patio. We had room service for coffee in the morning to have with the muffins I had brought. The cottages aren't better than the hotel, just a different experience.

Room Tip: We kept watching the reservation sight on line. You can cancel up to 7 days in advance with no penalty. Everyday different rooms would become available. Just keep trying and most likely you will get the one you want!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple