This is a fabulous hotel in one of the most beautiful settings imaginable. The building has historical significance itself, with concrete and brick disguised to look like timber to reduce fire vulnerability. There are mountains surrounding the hotel in the valley, and your neck will hurt with all the looking up at sheer rock walls around you.
The hotel is very pricey, but the very best available. The rooms are adequate size and well enough appointed. Wi-Fi is slow. The main Dining Room is beautiful and the food is first class. So to are the prices. There is also an in house cafe with heavy prices.
In all regards you are paying a premium for everything because demand exceeds availability. Bookings run a year ahead.
BUT...the place and the location is spectacular! If you can plan far enough ahead to get in, this is one of those places that is worth the
extra bucks because of its' uniqueness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park