We finally managed to get reservations mid-week, mid-August, because we didn't think about traveling to Yosemite until late spring. Plan earlier if you can! We had decided to make it a real adventure and stay at the acclaimed Ahwahee, and we weren't disappointed. From the time we pulled up to check in and avail ourselves of the valet and bell service to the time we checked out, using the same services, we felt really appreciated and spoiled. The service was outstanding, whether it was valet, bell, reception, housekeeping, or restaurant staff. Any time we had a question or needed something, they were always happy to help. We even took the time to speak to the manager on departing because we were so pleased. The hotel is a well-kept historic resort and our king classic room was very nice, with a gorgeous view of some of the Yosemite peaks.. Be prepared to pay a premium price for the experience. We made reservations for both breakfast and dinner for the three days of our stay, and we highly recommend that you do that, even before arriving if you can. You can always cancel later, but those with reservations are guaranteed a table and we also felt we received better service than those without reservations. We enjoyed relaxing in the great lounge during the afternoon tea from 4-5. Take the time to walk through the hotel and grounds in between venturing out for hiking and sightseeing. They're beautiful and interesting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Majestic Yosemite Hotel shines as Yosemite National Park's distinctive AAA(R) Four-Diamond hotel. Known for its magnificent façade and architecture, The Majestic Yosemite Hotel was specially designed to highlight its natural surroundings, which include Yosemite Falls, Half Dome, and Glacier Point. The destination of queens and presidents alike, this distinctive Yosemite hotel offers a perfect balance of history, hospitality, and elegance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Majestic Yosemite Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Yosemite National Park
- Ahwahnee Hotel Yosemite National Park