Tuolumne Meadows Lodge
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Yosemite National Park
See available hotels
Tioga Pass Resort(Lee Vining)
  • Restaurant
Lake View Lodge(Lee Vining)
  • Free Internet
El Mono Motel(Lee Vining)
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
Gull Lake Lodge(June Lake)
Heidelberg Inn(June Lake)
View Hotel
June Lake Motel(June Lake)
View Hotel
All reviewswood burning stovebear boxesno electricitytent cabinssmall woodbox lunchesbath houseliquid soapdining roombring your ownpower stripflush toiletsstayed one nighttmltoiletriesblanketshiking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2012

I visited the park and stayed in Tuolumne Meadows, and went on a trip to the High Sierra camps. At the time I started the first death had been documented from the hantavirus and the Park Service and Public Health Service chose to hide this information from us. The camps were not clean. They were under pressure to not use water, the bathrooms were dirty, some had no place to wash hands and some required keys to enter the bathrooms. The keys were dirty. I have traveled around the world and only saw such unhealthy conditions and such disregard for public health in the worst third world countries.
If you want to visit the parks stay outside in a clean decent hotel and travel by car into and out of the park each day. I will have to wait and worry until mid October to be sure I and my family will not fall ill and have a 40% chance of death from the hantavirus. HEADS SHOULD ROLL!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank katiekmd
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Tuolumne Meadows is one of the most beautiful places in Yosemite and it's always a pleasure to visit. On my most recent trip (2 days ago) we stayed at the Tuolumne Meadows Lodge. Right from the beginning we were not thrilled. Upon entering our tent cabin we discovered mouse droppings. We were very surprised as cleaning the cabins properly is supposedly very important due to the recent outbreak of Hantavirus. We thought perhaps it was just a fluke. We looked around for the candles that were supposed to be inside the cabin to provide lighting. There weren't any. As it was going to be about 32 degrees that evening we thought we better start a fire. There were only 3 logs in the wood bucket. Then we read the instructions for safety inside the tent cabin. They said to not keep any valuables in the tent. But there is no way to lock the tent when you leave it! That meant hauling a lot of stuff back to the car. When we came back from doing this there were fresh mouse droppings on our belongings. Needless to say we were not happy. There were many, many openings around the perimeter of the tent that would allow mouse access. As we were getting ready to go to sleep later in the evening we saw a mouse run through the tent (it didn't matter that the door was closed!) You'd think with the numerous cases of Hantavirus in the park this summer management would have done something to at least prevent mice from entering the cabins. What a huge disappointment, not to mention a huge health risk. And all this for about $130 per night. Gee...what a bargain.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank MakarForestHaven
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Unless you bring your own camping equipment or trailer/ RV, the 'lodge is the only place to stay in the high country unless you go out of the park. The location is absolutely beautiful, soaking feet in the river, enjoy the end of the day sitting along side it or near the big camp fire cannot be beat. The tent cabins are as to be expected. The stove is very cute, however it will not last the entire night so will be chilly in the a.m. I would suggest they provide more firewood and kindling so have enough to start the night and snuggle in to the wool blankets and then get it going again when rising in the morning. I also would suggest that they move the 'bear' lockers up by each tent cabin as they have in Curry. It is very inconvenient to have to walk all the way to the parking lot, and perhaps to the end of it, to get or put your food and toiletries away. I believe many do not bother putting their toiletries in the locker due to the inconvenience and this is a problem. Lockers are not assigned and must be shared so be forewarned. Food was good but expensive. Waitstaff very friendly, front desk people not so much. Would stay here again for the location and convenience of still being within the park. It is rather pricey for what it is.

Room Tip: A tent cabin right next to the river may be a little buggy! We noticed there were alot more mosquitoes near them on our walks.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Mooshele
Reviewed 26 August 2012

That's glamorous camping. If you come to the Tuolumne Meadows Lodge, be prepared for comfortable camping! I stayed there two nights and slept better than I do at home. The tent cabin was clean and featured a comfortable mattress, warm bedding and towels. There is a shared bathroom and showers (like camping) but we enjoyed hot water and plenty of sinks. The family style dining room was great - with good food, friendly company and enthusiastic service. From there you can hike for a few hours or all day. At night there is a roaring campfire, with marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate!! The Yosemite High Country is an experience you won't soon forget!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank calgrads
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I normally camp so it is hard for me to pay $150 to basically camp but on this trip I was unable to bring my gear so decided to give this a try. I have visited YNP and the high country many, many times. I stayed for one night during high season. The tent was $130/night with breakfast about $20 when it was all said and done. Day temperatures were in the 80's, night in the 40's. The tent includes a wood stove which helps take the chill off in the night and morning-- don't forget to save some of your kindling for the morning! There is one bath house for the entire camp with 4 toilet stalls, 4 shower stalls and about 6 sinks. Be prepared for waiting during peak hours. Beds are basic camp fare. The food is basic and pricey. With all that said, the scenery is spectacular and never disappoints. There are many incredible hikes and activities in the vicinity-- it's a one of kind experience. The lodge does a good job of orienting visitors to all the park has to offer. The shuttle makes is easy to get around the high country and definitely recommended as the park is overrun with people during the summer months. For out of towners, the dilemma is would you be better off renting a motor home and staying in the campground or staying at the lodge?? The experience would be similar in ruggedness ; you would need to cost it out to decide. I saw many rental RV's and rented vans with equipment in the campground so this seems like a popular option too. You will meet more locals in the campground and more out of staters in the lodge. Overall, the lodge is a great option for experiencing the high country if you are unfamiliar with the park; next time, though, I will camp.

Room Tip: Ask for a tent by the river if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo