Tuolumne Meadows Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$320
US$369
US$199
US$149
  • Pool
Lake View Lodge(Lee Vining)
US$150
US$144
  • Free Internet
US$120
  • Free Internet
US$223
The Majestic Yosemite Hotel(Yosemite National Park)
  • Pool
Big Trees Lodge(Yosemite National Park)
  • Pool
Yosemite Valley Lodge(Yosemite National Park)
  • Pool
All reviewswood burning stovebear boxesno electricitytent cabinssmall woodbox lunchesbath houseliquid soapdining roombring your ownpower stripflush toiletsstayed one nighttmltoiletriesblanketshiking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2014

My granddaughters and I had a wonderful stay in the clean, roomy tent cabin at Tuolumne Meadows Lodge. Location can't be beat, shuttle comes right to the parking lot. Use the wood burning stove in the cabin for nighttime warmth. We are vegetarian and had excellent food, well priced. I will definitely go again!

1  Thank dss325
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This area is breathtaking. The staff is friendly and informative. Very pleased with our experience. My family didn't want to leave when it came time to check out. A truly wonderful place...I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank Kalle B
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Having stayed in the valley a couple of times, Tuolomne was a real change. Quieter, more space, and cooler in the summer months. Very beautiful surroundings and nice hikes. Was surprised that nighttime temps were so low in midJune. Can get to below freezing so MUST light wood stove in tent cabin to keep warm. We used all blankets from other beds as just using one bed so were warm enough during night. Surprised that all tables in dining room were for 8 people. We were just 2 so had to wait half an hour till enough people turned up to fill our table. Food pretty good though.
Bit like a hostel environment ...quite basic and communal. But staff very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Olwyn30
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We entered Yosemite Park via Tioga Pass so it was very convenient to spend our first night at Tuolumne Meadows Lodge. We arrived on their opening day, Friday, June 6 and it appeared all staff was on duty to ensure a quick check-in. We asked for a tent cabin nearest to the toilet/shower building and were assigned unit #6. Excellent location for quick access to the toilets.

I think "glamping" describes Tuolumne Meadows Lodge because the tent cabins are equipped with a small wood stove and a metal bucket filled with firewood. Guests are allowed extra firewood if you think the night will be colder. There is no electricity in the tents so the light source is a lantern with a rechargeable battery. There is no wi-fi on location which is the whole point of being in the wilderness.
The beds are covered with two wool blankets and a quilt, plus towels are supplied. If a guest is allergic to wool, ask for extra quilts as our family did.

A timely suggestion is to lie on your bed and check if it is level before darkness settles in. The tent cabins have concrete floors which have shifted slightly over the decades. The first night we were so tired after the long drive from Death Valley we did not check the level of the bed. In the morning we awoke with puffy eyes and faces. The floor had a slight slope which meant we slept with our heads lower than our feet.

After staying 3 nights in Yosemite Valley, (Lodge at the Falls) we returned to Tuolumne Meadows for our final night in the park. Again, we chose this convenient location to be able leave early in the morning for Tioga Pass. This time we were assigned unit #22 which also is very near to the toilets/showers.

Again in this cabin, the head of our bed was noticeably lower than our feet. Fortunately, there was still sufficient light when my husband went searching for two flat rocks to place under the feet of our bed, raising the head level about 2 inches. This greatly improved our sleep quality on our second night, and we awoke refreshed without the puffy eyes!

This tent cabin concept at Tuolumne Meadows Lodge works very well for people who are flying to Yosemite. It was not feasible for our family to bring sleeping bags, tents and camping gear because we flew from Bellingham, WA to Las Vegas. Our rental car would not have been adequate to hold all our camping gear. By staying at Toulumne we enjoyed the camping experience without the hassle of hauling all our gear from British Columbia.

1  Thank Eve C
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Tuolomne Meadows Lodge is a great destination for hikers of all levels. I enjoyed every aspect of my visit there, including the accommodations. The reason I did not give my experience a maximum rating is that I could not prepare my own food on site. Either I ate at the restaurant, which was very good and medium-priced, or I had to go off to another close by picnic area to eat my own food Given that I am on a special diet, I found this aspect to be quite limiting, and a negative to my otherwise very positive experience. I really hope they can change their policy regarding bringing your own food that could be prepared and eaten on site.

Room Tip: I loved being close to the river where the sound of the falling water soothed me to sleep each night.
1  Thank Kathy G