“Cheerful & considerate guide” 5 of 5 bubbles

US$90.00*
and up
Yosemite Valley Winter Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Lasting Adventures, Inc. is the nonprofit specialist in backcountry adventures in Yosemite National Park. In addition to our summer camp and school programs, we offer professionally guided day hikes and fully-supported custom backpacking adventures at competitive rates. We teach and promote caring and respect for the environment through Leave No Trace principles. We share outdoor passions and promote Adventure-Based inquiry and learning. Since 1997, we have been recognized as one of the few guide services within Yosemite that has guided the most clients into the Yosemite backcountry. By choosing Lasting Adventures, Inc., you get our experienced, fun, and credentialed guides, and the satisfaction of knowing that any and all profits we gain from your participation goes towards our nonprofit and helping more youth attend our summer outdoor adventures in Yosemite. Lasting Adventures guides are available year round. With Lasting Adventures, you are choosing to create Yosemite Memories that Last a Lifetime!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Cheerful & considerate guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My Yosemite experience was made special because of the interactions with the locals here. I had the fortune of being guided by Jade Wolff, whose passion for Yosemite deepened my respect for it. At the end of my tour, I began to understand a little why Yosemite is so highly esteemed. More than the physical milieu, it's the people who cherish and fight to protect it that captivated me.

Jade opened my eyes to the plants, creatures and seemingly unimportant details all around that contributed to the living wonder of the Park. She generously shared her knowledge on the flora and fauna here. I learnt much and enjoyed the natural history en route our visit to the Mariposa Grove. She was considerate and offered to take pictures for me. She had her own camera, which made me at ease to take time to photograph the place. And as she knew which angle would yield the best shots, I could emulate her camera positions.

Despite her prodigious knowledge and mufti talents, Jade's humility is disarming and endearing. She's learning and discovering nature with you, not just a one-way off-loading of info, as if we were both on an adventure to uncover some mysteries of the day. She was ever patient, gentle and cheerful in answering my questions throughout the day. It was an intriguing tour laden with gems of insights into plant and wild life. I will recommend Jade readily to all nature-lovers visiting Yosemite or Groveland.

Visited June 2014

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding Tour in a Breathtaking Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We were two families with three girls (15, 12,9) going backpacking for the first time, so we were a bit nervous about taking on a trip. We found the right company! They provided all the equipment, food, permits, etc. The three guides did a fantastic job. These young people were informative, helpful, patient, kind, and fun. We were paired with another family and they managed our different needs extraordinarly. The trip could not have been better! We had an amazing experience and look forward to going again!

Truckee, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Adventure Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My twelve year old Son and his three buddies did the one-week hike through Yosemite with Lasting Adventures. They had a blast hiking over 29 miles of this California treasure. The hiking was challenging but not exhaustive. My Son said the scenery was amazing and wished we had been there to share it with him. He said the camp food experience was good and didn't leave him hungry after meals. Lasting adventures made sure the kid's packs were stuffed appropriately with gear & food. When asked if he'd like to return next year....we got a hands down ABSOLUTELY!!!

1 Thank Tina C
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Incredibly Positive (teen) Summer Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Lasting Adventures just provided two weeks of a transformative experience for my daughter. I/we are pleased beyond expectations. While her departing words to me were: "Why are you doing this to me?" after two 6-day loops in Yosemite I was excitedly greeted by her boasting appreciation for nature, belief in her self and reinvigorated attitude about making new friends and building community. Scott and his guides have a great sense of how to introduce the kids to backpacking and to gently push them to take on greater challenges.

For a not-yet 14-year old to say about Lasting Adventures that "This is a great organization" resonates strongly. At best, I was hoping for my daughter to find the High Sierras a beautiful place to be and to acquire a few skills in self-sufficiency. A deeper sense of self-confidence, descriptions of the beautiful lakes and waterfalls and the arduous climb to see the sunrise from Half Dome tell me that this experience will stay with her a lifetime. AND, she wants to come back next year for more. Hallelujah, kudos and many thanks!

3 Thank RebelParent
Manchester, United Kingdom
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Great hike, great guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We chose to do the glacier point, falls and mist trail hike. Our guide was John who was very knowledgeable and a great guide. We had a great day, saw a rattlesnake and experienced a dramatic thunderstorm, we took it all in our stride and had a thoroughly enjoyable but tiring hike. Loved every minute of it and got some fantastic photos. I would recommend using this company.

1 Thank mbl0we