“An experience that everybody should do.”
Review of Lasting Adventures

Lasting Adventures
Book In Advance
More Info
US$90.00*
and up
Yosemite Valley Winter Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Lasting Adventures is the top rated guide service in Yosemite National Park and is a recognized 501 (c)(3) public benefit nonprofit with a mission to provide positive youth development and educational opportunities to the general public through safe outdoor experiences. We specialize in Yosemite backpacking trips, Yosemite day hikes, and outdoor youth summer camps. Since 1997, our program has introduced thousands of youth to nature and the wilderness experience through Adventure Based Programming. Our top-rated guide service features Yosemite backpacking trips and day hikes which help fund our outdoor youth programs. By choosing Lasting Adventures for your next Yosemite backpacking or hiking adventure, not only do you get our competitive rates, experienced and credentialed guides, all meals, and equipment, but also the satisfaction of knowing that all profits we gain from your participation goes towards our cause of helping more youth benefit from our outdoor summer camps in Yosemite.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hello, i am a french student, i'm 15 and i live in Paris. This was my first time in the Yosemite; i heard about it by a friend who participated earlier. He told me a lot of good things about it. What i wanted was to spend 2 weeks in a sport summer camp in California because it can only be a fantastic experience. This camp proved to be beyond my expectations and i recommend it to everyone. Both in terms of landscapes that are radiant, participants and guides who are all responsible, friendly and are here to have a good time and for the total change of lifestyle that proves itself to be absolutely awesome. Sleep under the stars, swim in the rivers and the lakes, hike, discover new landscapes, live in harmony with the rest of the group etc...
All these experiences that i lived, i'll do it again willingly.
I thank Scott and all the guides, i spend two marvellous weeks!

1  Thank Lorraine b
in 8 reviews
"camp food"
"sleeping bag"
in 17 reviews
"clouds rest and half dome"
in 11 reviews
in 7 reviews
"snow creek"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I'm a young French student and I came to Yosemite for my first time backpacking. Lasting adventure team welcomed me very friendly. The trip was really exciting : sleeping under the stars in beautiful place, watching sunset with an amazing view, swimming in clear lakes in the middle of high peaks of Yosemite, watching the wildlife without any dangers,... and the guides were wonderful : patient, friendly, informative,...
I enjoyed this trip a lot !

1  Thank antoineSonnen
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My Yosemite experience was made special because of the interactions with the locals here. I had the fortune of being guided by Jade Wolff, whose passion for Yosemite deepened my respect for it. At the end of my tour, I began to understand a little why Yosemite is so highly esteemed. More than the physical milieu, it's the people who cherish and fight to protect it that captivated me.

Jade opened my eyes to the plants, creatures and seemingly unimportant details all around that contributed to the living wonder of the Park. She generously shared her knowledge on the flora and fauna here. I learnt much and enjoyed the natural history en route our visit to the Mariposa Grove. She was considerate and offered to take pictures for me. She had her own camera, which made me at ease to take time to photograph the place. And as she knew which angle would yield the best shots, I could emulate her camera positions.

Despite her prodigious knowledge and mufti talents, Jade's humility is disarming and endearing. She's learning and discovering nature with you, not just a one-way off-loading of info, as if we were both on an adventure to uncover some mysteries of the day. She was ever patient, gentle and cheerful in answering my questions throughout the day. It was an intriguing tour laden with gems of insights into plant and wild life. I will recommend Jade readily to all nature-lovers visiting Yosemite or Groveland.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We were two families with three girls (15, 12,9) going backpacking for the first time, so we were a bit nervous about taking on a trip. We found the right company! They provided all the equipment, food, permits, etc. The three guides did a fantastic job. These young people were informative, helpful, patient, kind, and fun. We were paired with another family and they managed our different needs extraordinarly. The trip could not have been better! We had an amazing experience and look forward to going again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My twelve year old Son and his three buddies did the one-week hike through Yosemite with Lasting Adventures. They had a blast hiking over 29 miles of this California treasure. The hiking was challenging but not exhaustive. My Son said the scenery was amazing and wished we had been there to share it with him. He said the camp food experience was good and didn't leave him hungry after meals. Lasting adventures made sure the kid's packs were stuffed appropriately with gear & food. When asked if he'd like to return next year....we got a hands down ABSOLUTELY!!!

1  Thank Tina C