“Amazing stay”
other travellers have booked this property
front view deck sign
front view
deck sign
Squirrel room
front deck
Kitchen, new wood floors not shown in this shot.
upstairs bathroom
White Wolf room
The view from Wawona Tunnel is similar, and better than this and is 8 miles from my home
YOUR view, my home on left side of shot.
13 miles from my home, sit in the meadow and stare at this view.
7 miles from my home.
utensils provided
kitchen cabinet cups and plates
Simple Kitchen
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 21 reviews

Reviews from our community

KR_Balto
Baltimore, MD
“Amazing location, declining amenities”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
people found this review helpful

This was our second year staying in this house. Hans has always been great to work with, responsive and helpful. We would still be sitting in the dark in the living room if he hadn't tipped us off to the obscure location of the light switch. Yosemite West is wonderful, and we appreciate the laid back atmosphere of the house. However, I felt like the house wasn't in very good condition - more broken items than last year. The screen door to the beautiful deck was missing, letting in lots of bugs or making the living room stuffy, and several other windows didn't move very well. Some kitchen cabinet doors were very grimy and if you care about things like clean sponges, non-ancient pillows, or lids for your pans, you're out of luck. We did our part to improve things for future guests, sharpening knives and buying a new sponge and tinfoil down in Yosemite Valley but lots of things you can't get nearby, and shouldn't be the responsibility of guests. I would NOT recommend this house for small children, given issues like an exposed outlet (no coverplate) in LR for the past 2 years, and easy splinters from the upstairs walls. We did have a young infant with us last year with no problems, but now that he's mobile it would not have been safe. The upstairs bathroom is falling apart, though the downstairs one is great. This house is all about location, and it has its own charm. However, we expected these basic items to be taken care of.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location, views from hammock on deck
Liked least: lack of maintenance
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
22 Jun 2017
I have forwarded these comments to the caretakers so they can address. Thanks for pointing out things that should be easy for us to fix, add, and or clean.
vaidas v
Mokena, Illinois
“Amazing stay”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

I was planing trip to Yosemite trip for long time and start looking for place to stay at Yosemite West so after searching clicked on rental by Hans Florine,put deposit down and waited for my trip.Hans called me that he overlapped dates and offered different rental,I did not tell my family that because they would freak out :)So I took that offer and I can tell you that Hans - the most trusted person I never met,the place we stayed was amazing and Yosemite trip spectacular ,he answers all emails,all details can be worked out too.I will come back with my sons to hike Half Dome one day so will call him again- 1000% recommended !!!!!

Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Liked best: Location and comfort
Liked least: Lack of a washer after dusty hikes
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Seattle

Check-in / front desk Service
Rugged travelers
DarsTrvl
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great deal for family of six with a bonus - Convenient Location”
Reviewed 31 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

We enjoyed the stay at the basecamp. It was great to have a convenient place in the park, because we were cramming our visit into a few days, so we were up early and back late. Base Camp is a good name as the place is somewhat rustic, but we knew that up front and there were no surprises. I appreciated the kitchen supplies provided as we had cooked in several nights to keep our costs down. The teenagers appreciated the games provided, especially monopoly. We were happy with place and location,

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Handling of trash--you must take it out but there is no place to dump it
Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
El Dorado Hills
Reviewed 10 April 2013 for a stay in October 2012
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing