a historic hotel with rustic charm that needs updating badly . Yosemite is the crown jewel of the park system ,but this place is showing its age and its staff should be ashamed of how it is run for the price that is charged and the service that they give .A noisy hotel with thin walls and loud closing doors ( THEY LEAVE EAR PLUGS ON THE NIGHT STAND FOR YOU),Needs to be remodeled so each room has its own bath . As for the restaurant , what a joke !!! if you are a party of six you can make a reservation , but if your a party of two you wait in line all day while the person running the dining room takes each group to their table while all of us in line to eat wait for her to come back and then do it again ,and again ,and again!!!!!! (THEN GIVES YOU ATTITUDE WHEN YOU SPEAK UP FOR YOURSELF) . yeah its overpriced ,but hey, your on vacation, right.!!! Breakfast should start earlier than 7am and be a buffet so you don't wait around all day as again a line forms and the person running the dining room takes each party to their table while the rest of us wait in line again. I bailed out on breakfast as i had already had enough problems getting dinner the night before . The swimming pool has not been usable for years i was told . staff said it needs concrete repairs ??? the parking is far away from the rooms and you walk across a lawn that is un -even and hard to walk across .the sprinklers were almost always running but it still looked bad . Now i know i was not staying at the ahwanee and and was not expecting the same amenities .BUT I DID EXPECT THAT A HOTEL IN THE CROWN JEWEL OF THE NAT. PARK SYSTEM WOULD BE A BETTER FACILITY WITH PEOPLE THAT KNOW HOW TO RUN IT.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park