If you want to check out from the day to day craziness of real life, this is the place. The hotel has lots of character and is surrounded by incredible beauty. Very little cell phone service, no Television. Great location to access trails. The rangers asked lots of questions when we inquired about hiking and directed us to trails that led to incredible beauty in every direction we looked - and a bonus - a bear crossing the trail we were on. Don't be afraid of sharing bathrooms, it's no different than the locker rooms at a fitness center. Will definitely try to stay at the Wawona again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park