You have to go to this hotel with the right attitude and the right expectations. It's an old, historic hotel built in the early 1900s. There is no air conditioning and they still use radiators for heating. A lot of the the rooms don't have private bathrooms. We were 3 adults and 1 child, so we had to get two rooms since each room had a double bed and a single. The rooms were quaint and had everything we needed. The water was hot and the beds were comfortable. We enjoyed the piano playing in the lobby before supper and found the meals to be pricey and just OK from a food quality standpoint.
We stayed here during the government shut down. We were supposed to be staying at the Lodge at the Falls, but our reservations there were cancelled and they put us here instead. For some reason since this govt. property was on a main road they were allowed to remain open. Whatever the case, we were glad to stay there because it's always best to stay inside the park if you can. Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Yosemite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park