Stayed here on a whim after spending the day in Yosemite. Planned on going out of the park to one of the towns on the outskirts, but ended up leaving Glacier Point late. While en route to Oakhurst, stumbled upon the Wawona. It looked pricey, but we decided to check just in case. The woman at the front desk was quite possibly the most friendly hotel receptionist I have ever met! She explained the different prices, and had a suggestion for all of my concerns. We ended up booking a shared bathroom room in the Annex building for a fraction ($80) of what I thought it would cost to stay in the park last minute. The building felt historic and magical, and it was beautiful waking up in the middle of the park. We also enjoyed dinner at the restaurant, which was decent, but slightly overpriced (ok ribeye was $30, pasta was $22 and slightly dry, blue cheese wedge salad was very, very good and worth $8, decent bottle of wine $26). The service was fantastic though, making it well worth it to not have to leave the property after being in the car all day! After dinner we took what was left of our wine and lounged by the fireplace, which was constantly stocked with wood by the front desk woman (wish I knew her name). In the morning continental breakfast was included, or you could upgrade to a hot breakfast for around $8.00. We did one of each, and both were good, even for the extra money. I would absolutely stay here again, especially with such a caring and accommodating staff. On a side note, the shared bathroom was about three doors down from our room, a brisk walk on the outside porch. It did not bother me in the least bit, but might deter others. An en suite bathroom was around double the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park