After all our kids made other plans for Thanksgiving, we decided to splurge on a special trip. All other hotels in Yosemite were full, and we felt lucky to get a room in the Wawona. What a classic beauty....from the quaint decorations in the main lodge to the comforts of our room, we felt like we had stepped back to a bygone era. We enjoyed listening to live music every night seated in front of a roaring fire and enjoyed several nearby hikes. The continental breakfast was hardy and delicious, and could be upgraded to include bacon and eggs. Thanksgiving Dinner was pricey, but well worth it and we especially enjoyed the beautiful dining room overlooking the garden and forest. We were warned that the wooden hotel was noisy, but it was not a problem and internet access is only available in one corner of the inn which forced us to limit our time online. All in all, a great way to spend Thanksgiving and one we hope to repeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Big Trees Lodge is cherished as one of the most respected and most frequently visited Yosemite hotels. Its authentic Victorian architecture features beautiful white buildings, classic verandas and lush natural surroundings. At the Big Trees Lodge, there's something for everyone-including golf, tennis, horseback riding, or fishing. Evenings are spent gathered around the piano for musical performances in the lounge. Big Trees Lodge dining is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Big Trees Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wawona Hotel Yosemite National Park
- Wawona Yosemite National Park