“14'' Rainbow Trout with Tom Knoth's Help” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yosemite Sierra Fly Fishing

Yosemite Sierra Fly Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Yosemite Sierra Fly Fishing offers fully guided and instructional fly fishing trips in Yosemite National Park. All equipment is provided and beginners are welcome!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“14'' Rainbow Trout with Tom Knoth's Help”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I had a blast fly fishing with Tom in Yosemite. My mother is a charter fly fisherman from Michigan and I knew we needed to find a good, knowledgeable guide to impress her - and Tom sure did!

He taught me, a novice fly fisherman, some great tips and advice on getting my cast down. I ended up catching 8 fish, 1 of which was a beautiful 14'' rainbow. It was a blast!

He brought some homemade breakfast and lunch - the best pastrami-roast beef sandwich I have ever had! He also took care of all the equipment, flies in the trees and other hassles.

If you are looking to tour some of the neat river spots in Yosemite and meet an upbeat and great fishing guide, I highly recommend you check out Tom on your trip.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank mitchroman

Sonoma, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best fishing experience ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

I've hired a number of guides in the West and Tom is one of the best! I learned so much from him about fishing the local water - so many techniques - it was a rich experience. My sweetheart who has never caught a fish, brought six to hand (well to glove) - anyway his expertise in working with a range of skills is fabulous - not to mention the food - which goes beyond the pale, simply fabulous. Thanks Tom for such a spectacular day and adventure!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank CdR1234
los anageles
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect Day of Fishing with Tom Knoth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

Visited Yosemite National Park first week of June 2013. We found Tom on google and booked him for a full day of fly fishing. He was an excellent guide, not only did we catch about 30 rainbow trout he also took the time to teach us the fundamentals of fly fishing. Tom is also a chef and bbq connoisseur and brought us smoked chicken pastrami sandwiches with home grown sprouts...delicious.. I highly recommend fly fishing near Yosemite with Tom.

Visited June 2013
Birmingham
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Guide for all levels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2013

We booked Tom for the first time as a group of 4, including my youngest son at age 9. None of us had any previous Fly Fishing experience. Tom provided very clear instructions allowing us to learn and enjoy our time on the water explaining everything from the waders to the basic casting techniques. He was extremely patient with all age levels and took the time to answer any questions and provide the one on one instruction for each. His enthusiasm for the sport is evident from the first minute and I would highly recommend Tom for anyone looking for a great day of fishing. Will certainly book Tom again in the future.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank cmusk1
Mi-Wuk Village, California, United States
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

I wanted to experience fly fishing with a guide and undo bad fly fishing habits. Wishing to fish local waters I booked a day trip with Tom. It's not enough to say he's a fantastic teacher, he is, and this is combined with patience and a great sense of humor. His competence and knowledge of the back country near Yosemite made it possible for me to fish places I would not have fished on my own turning my lessons into a real adventure, one I hope to repeat again. And yes, his lunches are delicious! Carol

Visited May 2013