“Tom - Great fishing guide”

Yosemite Sierra Fly Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Yosemite Sierra Fly Fishing offers fully guided and instructional fly fishing trips in Yosemite National Park. All equipment is provided and beginners are welcome!
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I just finished a great morning fly fishing with Tom on Moccasin Creek. Tom is a great guide - very knowledgeable, patient, nice guy, good teacher, and had all the equipment needed to make it a highly enjoyable morning. And yes, I caught rainbow - over 3 hours, I caught 4 and let 4 get away.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"outing"
"creek"

Reviewed 22 November 2013

this was a very good experience for myself as a complete beginner, I had no idea about fishing and Tom was patient and explained things really well. if it had just been myself I would have given this an excellent. However, we were in a fairly busy river with competition for fishing space, this didn't matter for me who didn't know what I was doing anyway, but for my partner who has done a lot more fishing and other trips to more secluded places this did slightly detract from the experience when you do pay a lot to have a guide to take you to the places.
The other thing I would say (which does not detract at all from how he runs it) is that I would stick to a half day unless you are a very keen fisher. We didn't move at all during the day, so essentially it was just 6 hours in the same spot, which for me was too long - however as I said this is nothing to do with the experience just something I found.
The food provided is absolutely incredible as well!!

3  Thank mattie_thompson
Tom K, Owner at Yosemite Sierra Fly Fishing, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Thank you for the review Mattie!

Unfortunately, we only had one location available to fish due to forest closure after the recent "Rim Fire". Next year, we will be able to get back to the more secluded spots that we prefer to guide at.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

My daughter and I both had a great day of fly fishing thanks to Tom. We are both new to fly fishing, but with Tom's experience and patience, we caught ten fish between the two of us. Tom has good equipment, knows the right places, and most important - is a very good teacher. We had a great time - thanks Tom!

1  Thank Wayne T
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Tom has been a great guide helping us all day. We caught 18 rainbow trouts which was above expectation. All the gear is in top condition and caught offered yummy home made sandwiches and cookies. A great day !

See more reviews
Reviewed 24 August 2013

If there are fish to be had, Tom Knoth takes you to them. I was a complete newbie, but Tom patiently taught me the basics of fly fishing. My husband, who has fly fished for years, learned even more. Tom diplomatically corrected bad habits and taught techniques. Water levels were low, but that didn't keep Tom from finding the fish. Tom's upbeat personality and gentle guidance made the day-long experience pleasant and productive. He had prepared a fabulous lunch, sandwiches of homemade chicken pastrami and heirloom tomatoes, terrific brownies, and plenty of cold drinks. Whether you're a newbie or a veteran, Tom is a skilled guide, and will show you a terrific time.

3  Thank SusieandDavid