“great steaks and great views with a great museum”

Arkansas Al's Steakhouse and Saloon
Ranked #26 of 42 Restaurants in Springdale
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2014

the Food and the native American/wildlife museum. There is an outdoor porch with views of Zion's Park. It is quite and very very nice. The adjacent hotel is incredible. great swimming pool and the hotel has the bus stop right in front of the property which puts you in downtown in 5 minutes. It also comes by every 15 minutes

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We did enjoy the food but some of the prices I don't understand, $22.00 for a spinach salad is a little over the top. Wine is served in a dollar store glass, if you are going to charge the big price, give us a nicer glass.l
Some of the servers need grooming and training. This morning, our server had only our table to take care of and we had to look for her to get more coffee. She also needs to pay attention to details like I took out my 10% coupon as a guest to the Lodge, place it in view, she brought us the bill without considering the coupon. Her attitude was not great.

My breakfast was served with only 1 toast, never seen that before, even in a greasy spoon.

All in all, the Lodge needs a better managed restaurant.

2  Thank Claude F
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I hate to say it, I really do, but the food was truly bad. The beer -- unsurprisingly -- was also bad. In addition, they didn't have several items on the menu which could have been fine, but there was no explanation, no understanding of why some things were available and others not. Regarding the beer, the only thing our very kind waiter said was "yeah, I know, they keep changing brewmasters here..."

Views are great. People are nice. But really, just please try harder.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I don't know where the Ark Al name came from, but I probably wouldn't have eaten here because I am not a beef eater. But I am really glad I did! My friend had steak, which he said was excellent, as was the trout that I had. The salad was fresh and delicious, and the homemade bread was to die for! I was disappointed in the choice of wine by the glass, which was served in a small cheap wine glass. I didn't have dessert, but I did look at the menu, and wasn't too impressed with it. This really didn't matter to me though, as I no room for dessert anyway. Our server, Frank, was very attentive and friendly, but of course, it wasn't very busy. The views from the almost 360 degree windows were wonderful. The prices were reasonable and it was nice to have a 10% discount because we were staying in the motel. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

It was a holiday weekend so they should have been prepared. So makes you wonder. The service was terribly slow and poor...no refills on tea, and they were out of salad!! Really?!