“Awesome view, entree not so awesome”

Arkansas Al's Steakhouse and Saloon
Ranked #26 of 41 Restaurants in Springdale
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Awesome view, entree not so awesome”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This place had a great view and the service was good, but my rib-eye was chewy and a little tough, definitely not prime or even choice. My wife's prime rib was short on flavor. Our salads and baked potatoes were fine but if you don't have the right cuts of meat for your steakhouse it just doesn't work. It's just too bad because this place has potential.

• Visited June 2014

Henderson, Nevada
“Excellent food with Awesome decor”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This restaurant is located inside of The Majestic View Lodge.
I have had birth breakfast and lunch here. You cannot go wrong, with anything on this menu. I enjoyed both indoor and outdoor dining. Wide variety of choices, on the menu.
The setting is looking at Zion Canyon, very comfortable and I have eaten here several times, always satisfied,

• Visited June 2014
Provo, Utah
“great steaks and great views with a great museum”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

the Food and the native American/wildlife museum. There is an outdoor porch with views of Zion's Park. It is quite and very very nice. The adjacent hotel is incredible. great swimming pool and the hotel has the bus stop right in front of the property which puts you in downtown in 5 minutes. It also comes by every 15 minutes

Visited May 2014
“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We did enjoy the food but some of the prices I don't understand, $22.00 for a spinach salad is a little over the top. Wine is served in a dollar store glass, if you are going to charge the big price, give us a nicer glass.l
Some of the servers need grooming and training. This morning, our server had only our table to take care of and we had to look for her to get more coffee. She also needs to pay attention to details like I took out my 10% coupon as a guest to the Lodge, place it in view, she brought us the bill without considering the coupon. Her attitude was not great.

My breakfast was served with only 1 toast, never seen that before, even in a greasy spoon.

All in all, the Lodge needs a better managed restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Claude F
Madison, Connecticut
“This place was stunningly bad”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I hate to say it, I really do, but the food was truly bad. The beer -- unsurprisingly -- was also bad. In addition, they didn't have several items on the menu which could have been fine, but there was no explanation, no understanding of why some things were available and others not. Regarding the beer, the only thing our very kind waiter said was "yeah, I know, they keep changing brewmasters here..."

Views are great. People are nice. But really, just please try harder.

• Visited April 2014