My wife and I stayed for 1 night in a Parkside Luxury suite on the 2nd floor.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable with a huge king bed (width and height, it must be three feet off the floor!!) full kitchen, large LCD TV in both the main room and bedroom also good free WiFi in room.
The room had a wrap round balcony with small bench looking out over the Virgin river to the mountains beyond (wonderful at night to sit outside with a beer watching the sun go down and the camp fires being lit on the other side of the river,BLISS!!).
As other reviewers have said it is a little dark inside and the furniture has a distressed look which doesn’t really match the modern look, but these are minor points.
The staff are very friendly and helpful (they have most of the menus for the restaurants in Springdale) they even left some chocolates and a nice card in our room for our anniversary.
The lodge is perfectly placed for Zion/Springdale with the visitors centre and buses into the park and into Springdale just a short walk over the Virgin River Bridge.
There is a small supermarket and deli next to the lodge and also the wide screen cinema, for which you get complimentary tickets.
Other general points to note are if you do stay here book a Parkside view and ask for a 2nd floor room (nice balcony) as some rooms on the other side face a large (and I do mean large) mound of earth thrown up when they built the lodge.
If you arrive early go to reception and ask for a parking pass so you can park up and go off into the park (reception is in one of the rooms on the ground floor facing the river).
Pool accessed with room key,plenty of clean towels by pool.
Also if you take a picnic into Zion, and I am not joking about this, watch out for Squirrels they can be very aggressive when food is on offer and are not afraid of humans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cable Mountain Lodge is nestled near the cliffs of Zion National Park, yet shopping, dining, and entertainment venues are conveniently nearby. The rooms offer a distinctively warm atmosphere and the caring staff is happy to share their knowledge and local perspective to help enhance your stay. This is a lodging experience to complement your discovery (or continuing re-discovery) of Zion National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cable Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cable Mountain Hotel Springdale
- Hotel Cable Mountain
- Cable Mountain Lodge Springdale, Utah