“Frustrating - noise.”

Cable Mountain Lodge
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Reviewed 26 June 2011

I recently stayed at the Cable Mountain Lodge - and while it is certainly a clean and well located property there are some significant drawbacks. Make sure you stay on the second level and request a room facing the courtyard or the river. Otherwise you'll have a view of the parking lot or the back of a dirt hill. Also, the rooms all have hard wood floors so I was unable to sleep whenever the upstairs unit was awake - the noise between floors is very bad. Otherwise the staff and rooms are above average.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank LiveWellTravel
There are newer reviews for Cable Mountain Lodge

Reviewed 26 June 2011

Faces parking lot or hill behind, we moved to Cliffrose Lodge next place close and it was superb. EXCELLENT views, huge lawns & gardens, large pool, riverfront beach. Spotted Dog walking distance excellent.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank ColDillinger
Reviewed 24 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights June 7-9th. Of course I had read all the review about it being "right next door to the park entrance"... I didn't realize that meant literally in the same parking lot... what a huge convenience this turned out to be! All of the other people staying in town has to get on a bus to be dropped off in the National Park parking lot... you are already there when you stay at Cable Mountain Lodge. We stayed in a Judy Anne Suite,, which I would not hesitate to stay in again.... To sit outside looking over the canyon drinking wine... what a great night! This is a great property. I think you should know that it is not so much like a "lodge' as it is a condo situation.. but even that.. it's a great property.. great pool,, laundry facilities, walkable to some great restaurants... I would for sure book here again....

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2011

During our 15 day tour of the National Parks in Utah we stayed 5 nights at the Cable Mountain Lodge. We stayed in nice places throughout our vacation but we thought this was the best of all. We can't speak for the other rooms but we stayed in the Judy Ann Suite and it was supurb. This was right outside the entrance to Zion NP and was certainly much nicer than the Zion Lodge accomadations. It was also in walking distance of excellent restaurants, grocery store, etc. Everthing in our suite was exactly as described on their website. We had a great view from our balcony.

NP
Illinois

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2011

My family absolutely loved staying here! It is right next to the Virgin River and the entrance to Zion NP. It is close to downtown Springdale too so the location is perfect. The rooms were fantastic with awesome dark trim and balconies with a great view of the Zion peaks. They perfectly fit our family of five and a very cool pull-down bed that my oldest son loved.

Everyone in the main office was also super-friendly and very helpful. They helped make suggestions about places to see, moved all of our luggage since we had to change rooms, gave us free movie tickets to the movie theater next door, and really went beyond all expectations.

If we come back to this area, I will make sure we can stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank RockinTraveler101
Reviewed 21 June 2011

A last minute reservation brought us quite accidentally to this wonderful hotel! ON planning out 1st family trip to Zion, I only left 2 months to book a hotel. Well, they were all booked, this was the only one who could accommodate us for 6 nights.

This hotel is right outside Zion park entrance, just 5 min walk from our room and we were in the park! The room we got was actually as big as a one bedroom apt with separate bedroom and kitchen. The decor was up to date and there was a great air conditioner.

The view was breathtaking Our room overlooked the pool, which still seemed quiet even while people were in it. The staff was friendly and everyone we met were so glad they were staying there.

The clean pool was refreshing after a long hike in Zion!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I spent 6 nights at the Cable Mountain Lodge during a 10 day trip of the Grand Circle that included Zion, Grand Canyon and Bryce National Parks. I chose this lodge after careful review of the availabe hotels. For me Zion-Springdale was a perfect launching place for the other day trips. Cable Mountain Lodge was everything I expected. It is located next to the entrance of the Zion National Park, which makes it very convenient to take the shuttle to all the stops in the park and to the city of Springdale. Because of the wide range of day and night time temperatures in the desert, I was able to hike early morning (50's-70's)and returned mid-day (90's-100's) for siesta then returned to the park to hike later afternoon before sunset. I stayed at the deluxe suite which is like a nice luxury condo, way better than the Zion Lodge inside the park. There is a nice view of the Watchman Mountain from the parking lot that is next to the virgin river. The room has a large living area combined with a full kitchen (range, microwave, fridge, dishwasher and utensils) and dining area. I loaded up grocery in St George while driving from Vegas to Zion, and was able to cook for the entire week. Although there is no restaurant in the lodge, I was able to enjoy home-cooked meals (there are many restaurants in the area also in Springdale). They do provide excellent coffee in the room. The bathroom is modern with a tub. Hot water is plenty. The toilet is modern Japanese, complete with water rinse and dry. The bedroom is in a separate room with a balcony. The bed is high and very comfortable. Although there were two large flat screen TVs in the room, I chose not to watch during my refuge from city life. The room was well-maintained daily. Check-in was friendly and easy. The provided useful map and information plus free tickets to the Zion theater. For me this was a deluxe home at the footstep of a great park.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springdale
Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens
Zion Lodge
Zion Lodge
#1 of 2 in Zion National Park
SpringHill Suites Springdale Zion National Park

Been to Cable Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!