“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Tarzana, CA
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I am giving this hotel 5 stars.
I called the day we were to arrive and i received a fantastic rate, plus,they honored my AAA discount. The accommodations were just lovely, spacious, kitchen with microwave and fridge as well as plenty of coffee, tea and drink-ware. An expensive market is next to the place, so if you forgot something , you can easily get it without having to drive into town ( expect to pay double the price than you would pay at your local market). Hotel is walking distance from the park entrance, and has plenty of parking available. Every thing is updated and looks newly remodeled. Clean, classy, comfortable. Don't overlook the bbq and lounge chairs for a nice self prepared dinner, near the creek, alongside the hotel, because my experience was that the restaurants in Springdale are pricey and pretty disappointing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Zion in early spring is exquisite no matter what. The hotel rooms and pool are perfectly oriented to the magnificent views that surround it. Great service and helpful, accommodating staff. Soundproofing between rooms could have been better, but after one night's noisy travails, we were given a fair discount for our suffering. I would happily choose this spot again.

Room Tip: One night we were awakened for a couple of hours while the people above us stomped around. I would...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I visited the second week of March. I didn't realize that there was a hotel at the entrance to the park; it was a nice surprise. The location is extremely convenient, a short walk into town and the park is even closer. The rooms were beautiful and very, very clean. The bed was so comfy, we slept in everyday. We had a suite and could not have been happier. The staff was very friendly and efficient and eager to make recommendations. I can't wait to stay again; it is the best hotel we've stayed at in Springdale by far.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed at CML for less than 24 hours, but enjoyed nearly every amenity. We stayed in the Judy Ann Suite and found the room to be clean and well appointed. There was a full kitchen, which we didn't use, that seemed to have everything one would need for a longer stay. The area has a number of dining options close by, and there is a small grocery store within walking distance. The bedroom/bathroom area has a double sided gas fireplace which could be viewed from the tub or bed. The large shower was wonderful, but did set off the smoke alarm after too much steam escaped. It stopped after some active fanning.
We also used the washing machine and dryer ($1.50/load in each) and purchased soap at the front desk.
People were in the pool area every time we passed, but we never went there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Smithtown, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Spent 6 days at this great lodge in November. You cannot beat he location of this lodge, right at the entrance of the park. Rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. Plenty of parking for your vehicle. Great spot when visiting Zion National Parl

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

This hotel is beautiful! My boyfriend planned a little romantic Valentine's getaway two weeks after the day for us since we were both working on the 14th. Unfortunately for us, it rained the entire time we were up there! But we didn't let this dampen (har har) our mini vacation. When we arrived, David was there to greet us at the front desk. He was very friendly and helpful, and kept apologizing when he had to answer the phone to assist another guest, but he was very prompt and was smooth with the whole transaction. He gave us a map to show us where our room was located, and my boyfriend and I found it very easily.

The room was very spacious and the size of a small apartment. The kitchen was fully stocked! Plates, cups, coffee, tea, even dish soap! My only complaint was the beds were too soft, but that isn't the hotel's problem -- I just prefer a harder mattress. The beds were comfortable, but one morning I had to lie on the floor to straighten out my back. Moving on, we went to dinner at the pub that is located on property. The waitress, I wish I could remember her name, gave us a warm greeting when we entered and was super friendly with conversations. The food was pretty good and the beers were delicious! I guess they brew their own beers locally. We popped in the market to get some cream and snacks for the morning to have with coffee. The prices were very high, but of course they would be if it as a hotel. That is to be expected.

Since it was raining the three days we were there, I was quite thankful the rooms were really comfortable to spend the majority of the day there. We planned on hiking, but never stepped one foot in Zion park, but that didn't ruin our time there.

My only complaint (beside the bed): there aren't many channels to choose from on TV. We were excited to see BBC America was one of the channels (boyfriend is British). Granted most people are there to go hiking and exploring in Zion, but when it is raining outside you are limited on your choices of activities. Some channels had picture but no sound too, which got annoying when I saw a movie that I wanted to watch. Food Network and BBC America were the only channels that we ended up watching the majority of the time.

Overall, this is a beautiful place to stay and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a nice, comfortable place to stay when visiting Zion.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights and absolutely loved it. It was before peak travel season so the park and little town felt like we had it all to ourselves. The room was very spacious and the kitchen was very fully furnished. It really felt like we were at home. Don't pass up crossing the parking lot to a little beach on the river where there's BBQ's set up and some chairs to sit in. Heavenly!!! Friendly staff!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springdale
Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens
Flanigan's Inn
#5 of 16 in Springdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites at Zion Park / Springdale
Holiday Inn Express Springdale - Zion Natl Pk Area

Been to Cable Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!