We spent two nights at the Bellagio in Las Vegas before driving up to Springdale and Zion National Park, so anything after the Bellagio would be a hard act to follow. But based on TripAdvisor reviews, we booked Cable Mtn Lodge before we left Las Vegas. When we arrived, they had put us on the road side, so we requested a riverside room. (Definitely ask for a riverside room.) It was right above the office, but very quiet in spite of it's location. The studio suite was huge and well-appointed. There's a fully equipped kitchen/kitchenette which was great when we wanted to eat in. The living room is sparsely furnished, but very comfortable with a flat screen tv. The living room/kitchen/bath have attractive laminate flooring that was perfect since we often returned with muddy hiking boots.
Bedroom had very comfortable king size bed and rich, warm colors. Big windows with wood blinds offered views when open and privacy when closed. Nice balcony looks out over parking lot, river and cable mountain. Flat screen tv is behind bedroom door and door has to be closed to watch tv. Very generous with towels and bath amenities. Also free wi-fi with good connection.
You can walk from the hotel to the visitor's center in less than 5 minutes. There is a small grocery store next door and a great Thai restaurant on the opposite side of the hotel property. In Springdale, we highly recommend The Bit and Spur restaurant -- really excellent food and service. Nothing run-of-the-mill. Creative, delicious southwestern dishes and a great staff. For breakfast or lunch, Oscars is your best bet. Dinner menu is limited but also good. Have fun. Zion is breathtaking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cable Mountain Lodge is nestled near the cliffs of Zion National Park, yet shopping, dining, and entertainment venues are conveniently nearby. The rooms offer a distinctively warm atmosphere and the caring staff is happy to share their knowledge and local perspective to help enhance your stay. This is a lodging experience to complement your discovery (or continuing re-discovery) of Zion National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Priceline, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Cable Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cable Mountain Hotel Springdale
- Hotel Cable Mountain
- Cable Mountain Lodge Springdale, Utah