“Beautiful Room in a Beautiful Setting”

Cable Mountain Lodge
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Bainbridge Island, Washington
“Beautiful Room in a Beautiful Setting”
Reviewed 24 June 2010

We stayed at the Cable Mtn Lodge on our way to the Zion and the Grand Canyon for one night. The lodge is quite new and very spacious. We had a large, well-appointed bathroom, complete with bidet, and a large kitchen/eating area. The furnishings are rustic and made the room feel appropriate to the setting. The view out the window was of the beautiful mountains near Zion National Park. We had our children with us, ages 2 to 16. The older children had a blast, floating down the Virgin River, just outside our door. The 2 year old spent hours in the pool. All-in-all this was a fantastic stay, and we would highly recommend this lodge to anyone.

2 Thank dmresource

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Central Florida
Reviewed 21 June 2010

I love tripadvisor. It made me spend a few hours debating between CBL and DPI. We finally chose Cable Mountain Lodge (vs Desert Pearl Inn) and here are our reasons:

CML is located directly next to the park entrance. We have visited so many National Parks with our family and this is the first time we found a hotel of this quality that is literally steps from the park entrance. We thought it was the coolest thing to throw our backpacks over our shoulders and walk along the river about 100 feet, turn right and walk up to the park ranger station were you show the ranger your ticket and then walk into the park. The cool factor was awesome. Now we also took the Springdale shuttle bus once just to check that out and for anyone staying at DPI I must say it is not that big of a deal to take that shuttle to the park entrance either........I just loved being right next to the park.

A big screen movie theater and grocery store is located DIRECTLY in the same complex as the hotel. They give you a free movie ticket to see the Zion Park Movie and they even gave us one extra set of tickets to see another movie (Shrek 3 which was great for the kids). After hiking in the parks all day it was so nice to be able to walk out our hotel room door and literally take about 50 steps and be in the theater and/or grocery store.

Angel Suite Room (or something like that). We stayed in their nicest suites which are on the second/top floor so noise was never a problem. This suite had a separate master bedroom so the kids stayed on the pull out sofa. Full Kitchen which we used for all of our meals.

Pool area: had a jacuzzi and square pool. Nothing extra ordinary except for the fact that you are surrounded on both sides by the Zion Park Mountains. I could not believe it. I would sit in the Jacuzzi and had a hard time relaxing because I would want to turn my head constantly to look at the ever changing view (I say this because these mountains have so much color to them that depending on the time of day and sun vs clouds they always seemed to change their appearance.

We visited DPI only because it was the # 1 rated hotel in Springdale. We did not view the rooms or anything so it would be unfair for me to rate that hotel. Alls I can say is if we visit Zion and Springdale again we would stay at Cable Mountain Lodge again. CBL now goes down as one our my/our top 10 hotels we ever stayed at (and trust me we have stayed at some really nice hotels all over the world).

If I had to nit pick: Our room had great views except for the fact that it was looking over the location that all the maids and maid carts start and end their day. For about 1-2 hours every morning the maids leave their carts outside as the load up the carts before starting their clean up service. It would be nice if management could find another system or way to not have the carts sitting outside in a group of 3-5 for 1-2 hours in the morning. Especially because we are all at this hotel to look at the incredible Zion Mountain Views. With that said I would NOT let this little issue stop us from staying at this hotel again. This place was awesome and the memories will stay with our family for a long time.

4 Thank G8RED
Granville, Ohio
Reviewed 19 June 2010

I have a family of three children under the age of 10 and wanted a comfortable stay while at Zion. Cable Mountain Lodge certainly fir the bill! The lodging was perfect! My wife and I had a bedroom to ourselves and the kids had plenty of room in the updated living area with a rollaway bed. The room was was perfectly updated and I can't imagine wanting anything more in a room. In comparison to other lodging alternatives in town I believe Cable Mountain in more updated. I learned it was built in 08. It is right next to the entrance to Zion and in walking distance breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Our kids loved the outdoor pool and they have a fantastic picnic area right along the river where you can cookout with a grill. If there would be any downside would say that I could hear the family above our unit. We were on the lower unit. We have a family of three so I intentionally sought a lower unit to prevent the noise we might make in a upper unit. The noise above was not an issue or us but I would would make note of the issues for families who may visit. All in all - we would certainly stay again! loved it!

1 Thank smallbatchlodging
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 June 2010

The location: a view of the start of the canyon and cliffs with the sound of the Virgin River and close walking distance to the park visitor center/shuttles and a small food store. Perfect location.

The luxury suite: Big enough to live in. Full sized kitchen cook surface, microwave, good coffee maker, full size refrigerator and granite counter, bath, sitting area, porch/patio, two flat screen TVs - did I mention the bath? There is enough hot water and pressure in this full sized bath to scrub away the dust of the day and then some. Fabulous. See pictures.
Manages to be upscale and earthy, trendy and tasteful and comfortable all at the same time. I'll be patterning my next remodel after the decor here! :)

The management: You don't see them unless you need them, and then they are very helpful.

The quality of the sleep: spectacular bed. I want one. : ) Quiet, cool, calm, oasis.

Perfect in every way!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank michelleb613
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 16 June 2010

The property is absolutely beautiful , located on the Virgin River, just a two minute walk to the pedestrian entrance of ZNP. There is a plaza area with small grocery store, IMAX theatre, restaurants and gift stores at the street in front. Yet the property was quiet and very relaxed. There is free WiFi at the plaza and guest laundry on site.

We stayed for four days over a holiday weekend. There appeared to be a number of families and groups, so it did get a little busy and noisy around the pool, but our room was in a quiet area so there was no problem getting to sleep at night even with the windows open. We had a king studio with a microwave and fridge. The room was nicely appointed with beautiful linens which were, unfortunately, much too warm for the season. There were no chairs in the room, there were two chairs outside, although it was too cold to have our breakfast outdoors at 6 am.

Springdale is the ideal gateway community. It is loaded with great restaurants, galleries, and outdoor stores. There is a free shuttle service from park which stops at all the major restaurants and motels. You can leave your car parked and take the shuttle to the park and/or restaurants, but everything in town is within walking distance. Poeple are freindly and the service in town is excellent - and of course Zion is AWESOME. It's worth spending a few days here. For the best hiking, get an early start and avoid the crowds.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank get_out_10
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 15 June 2010

I had originally intended to stay at the highly-rated Desert Pearl Inn, but it was full when i went to book my room. I am sure the Desert Pearl is lovely, but I was really, really happy with the Cable Mountain Lodge.

The location is primo. Yes, the shuttle runs all through Springdale, so anywhere you stay in town is pretty convenient (thanks, Springdale!). However, it was awesome to just roll out of bed, sunscreen up, and head into the park. The Virgin River runs alongside the parking lot, and you have a view of Zion Canyon's lovely red cliffs and the river as you lounge by the pool or soak your hike-sore muscles in their very hot jacuzzi. Nice towels too.

The rooms were much bigger and nicer than I expected. We were extremely happy with the rooms, even though we spent very little waking time in them. My husband and I stayed in a 1st-floor room, and my friends stayed in a slightly smaller 2nd-floor room with a very nice balcony. Both were great. The only complaint either of us had about the rooms is that none of the doors were hung straight, so they wouldn't stay open/shut. But the heated toilet (our friends didn't have one) made up for the minor inconvenience. Just make sure you pull the front door shut and don't assume it will shut itself.

There is a pricey but very convenient grocery store right next door, with a little deli and ice cream shop. Get on the shuttle if you want to go to the liquor store and get "real" beer, but the other grocery store on the shuttle route has the same prices as the one by the park entrance, so it's not really worth the trip.

I had no needs while I was there, so I did not test the limits of the service while there. I would recommend that you not count on an early check-in unless you have previously cleared it with the management. However, my husband and I thought the hotel was great, and would love to stay there again next time we go to Zion.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katlanta
RI
Reviewed 15 June 2010

We stayed here based on the reviews on Trip Advisor. We were traveling with my adult son and wanted a separate bedroom. We chose the luxury suite based on recommendations from the very helpful front desk. We wanted quiet, a view and a bedroom. The room exceeded all our expectations! The price was right, the view was great, and being on the second floor, we didn't hear a thing. Having a full kitchen was a bonus, we ate breakfast in and packed a lunch each day for the park. We even did takeout for dinner 2 nights, avoiding the restaurant wait and extra costs. Walking right into the park was great. Yes, it is at the back of a shopping plaza but once we were there we were facing the park and the stream. I found the front desk very helpful from phone reservations through check-out. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springdale
Cliffrose Lodge & Gardens
Zion Lodge
Zion Lodge
#1 of 2 in Zion National Park
SpringHill Suites Springdale Zion National Park

Been to Cable Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!