Just returned from a 4 night stay and were absolutely satisfied with the CML in all aspects. Our pool view suite on the 2nd floor, room 422, was fantastic. Having the suite with a separate bedroom really makes it nice when travelling with kids. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, the staff is very helpful, and the location of the hotel is the best feature by far. Inner tubing on the Virgin River right outside your room, or enjoying the pool and spa, or walking 150 yards or so to the park entrance and Visitor Center, or just sitting on the deck and taking in the Navajo Sandstone cliffs of Zion, we were very pleased with our choice of the CML for our visit to Zion. The kitchen set up was great for breakfasts, the beds were comfortable (even the pull out couch for the kids in the front room). The IMAX theater on site was perfect for a little break with the kids. The restaurant and store on site were also very useful...albeit a bit pricey with the capitive audience "surcharge" that you would expect in a small town or national park.
The only minor negative was the rather dim lighting in rooms, partly due to the "green lighting" efforts at the hotel, as well as the dark hardwood flooring and furnishings in the room. I have already recommended the hotel to friends who will be heading to Zion in October, and would strongly recommend the hotel for anyone looking to enjoy Zion's beauty from the comfort of a great hotel right at the entrance to the park and park shuttle access only yards away. Bonus restaurant tips: the Whiptail and the Spotted Dog are located across the street from each other maybe a 1/4 of a mile from the CML back into town...both very good restaurants. The Whiptail is a Bohemian little spot with fantastic gourmet food, and the Spotted Dog is a more traditional upscale restaurant. Both featured decent children's menu options and were suitable for children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cable Mountain Lodge is nestled near the cliffs of Zion National Park, yet shopping, dining, and entertainment venues are conveniently nearby. The rooms offer a distinctively warm atmosphere and the caring staff is happy to share their knowledge and local perspective to help enhance your stay. This is a lodging experience to complement your discovery (or continuing re-discovery) of Zion National Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cable Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cable Mountain Hotel Springdale
- Hotel Cable Mountain
- Cable Mountain Lodge Springdale, Utah