“Really cold beer and really average food.”
Review of Casa de Amigos

Casa de Amigos
Ranked #21 of 41 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner
Burleson, Texas
“Really cold beer and really average food.”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A group of nine of us had just hiked The Narrows and were really excited about margaritas, chips and queso. We stopped in and were immediately seated. We ordered margaritas and they were great. We were given tiny bowls of chips and three SUPER tiny bowls of salsa for 9 of us. We ordered food and I found that the portions were very generous but the meat seemed to be unseasoned. It was rather bland and we were disappointed. I ordered a beer and it was also VERY cold too. It was a real pain in the tail to separate our checks too.

1 Thank ChrisReedDFW

• Czech first
  • Korean first
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Terrific Food, Reasonable Price”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Springdale is a resort town (in season), which means that restaurants don't really have to be good, because they cater to transients rather than to steady clientele. Fortunately, one can usually get a good meal in Springdale, although usually at great-meal prices.

Casa de Amigos was a wonderful surprise. The food (Mexican, saw one can tell by the name) was absolutely first-rate, and quite inexpensive. The salsas were wonderful - very fresh pico de gallo and a great tomatillo (the owner's family recipe). My dining companion needs gluten-free food, and they were happy to make alterations (quesadilla on corn, rather than flour) tortilla. And, they warned her that the corn chips were fried in the same oil used for flour products.

Best of all, the food was terrific. Great carnitas soft taco, carne asada hard-shell taco. Great service, too. Tasty, filling meal for two for about $20, the cost of an hors-d'oeuvre at a lot of the restaurants.

In a casual, homey atmosphere, with very nice patio seating.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank lvlawdog
“Yuk!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Not good... All of us had stomach difficulties after eating here. The service was very slow but pleasant personalities.

Vancouver, Canada
“Great food, slow service”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

After a long day of hiking we drove into Springdale and just by fluke picked this restaurant. We were seated at a table, and then had to wait for our drink order to be taken, by a female waitress. The waitress delivered my spouses drink but forgot mine. I ordered the huaraches my spouse ordered a tostado. My huaraches was excellent, this is a real Mexican dish that has not been Americanized yet. My wife really liked her tostado. I did have to harangue the waitress to bring me another Dos Equis (beer). Don't go for the service, go for the food. Would definitely dine here again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank travelinstead
Adelaide
“Great food let down by poor service”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We had a similar experience to other reviewers. We found a table outside, at the direction of a server and waited 10 minutes before we were acknowledged. A server headed our way and when I looked up at her she said "What?". I said that we would like to order. Her response was "I'll get your server." The same server then came back 5 minutes later and asked if we would like salsa and nachos. They arrived shortly afterwards and were very nice. Fresh, crispy and tasty. Eventually, our server appeared and took our order for drinks and our meals. After a further 10 minutes and asking yet a different server (the others had 'disappeared') where our drinks were, they arrived. Our meals followed shortly after. The food was fresh, hot and delicious. Portion sizes were very good and the prices were reasonable,given the location.
As stated by previous reviewers, the staff did not seem to know what they were meant to do. There were not a huge number of guests and a reasonable number of staff. (Poor training??)
Our bill/check arrived promptly and we paid, leaving a tip that was not overly generous.
Great food let down by poor service.