“Hard not to eat every meal here”
Review of Casa de Amigos

Casa de Amigos
Ranked #23 of 42 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch
Reviewed 26 June 2014

You must try the chicken and fish tacos. The chips and salsa are all made fresh and worth the visit by themselves. The service is very friendly and the prices are very reasonable (especially for the area).

1  Thank Sc0ttSays

Reviewed 24 June 2014

A group of nine of us had just hiked The Narrows and were really excited about margaritas, chips and queso. We stopped in and were immediately seated. We ordered margaritas and they were great. We were given tiny bowls of chips and three SUPER tiny bowls of salsa for 9 of us. We ordered food and I found that the portions were very generous but the meat seemed to be unseasoned. It was rather bland and we were disappointed. I ordered a beer and it was also VERY cold too. It was a real pain in the tail to separate our checks too.

1  Thank ChrisReedDFW
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Springdale is a resort town (in season), which means that restaurants don't really have to be good, because they cater to transients rather than to steady clientele. Fortunately, one can usually get a good meal in Springdale, although usually at great-meal prices.

Casa de Amigos was a wonderful surprise. The food (Mexican, saw one can tell by the name) was absolutely first-rate, and quite inexpensive. The salsas were wonderful - very fresh pico de gallo and a great tomatillo (the owner's family recipe). My dining companion needs gluten-free food, and they were happy to make alterations (quesadilla on corn, rather than flour) tortilla. And, they warned her that the corn chips were fried in the same oil used for flour products.

Best of all, the food was terrific. Great carnitas soft taco, carne asada hard-shell taco. Great service, too. Tasty, filling meal for two for about $20, the cost of an hors-d'oeuvre at a lot of the restaurants.

In a casual, homey atmosphere, with very nice patio seating.

2  Thank lvlawdog
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Not good... All of us had stomach difficulties after eating here. The service was very slow but pleasant personalities.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

After a long day of hiking we drove into Springdale and just by fluke picked this restaurant. We were seated at a table, and then had to wait for our drink order to be taken, by a female waitress. The waitress delivered my spouses drink but forgot mine. I ordered the huaraches my spouse ordered a tostado. My huaraches was excellent, this is a real Mexican dish that has not been Americanized yet. My wife really liked her tostado. I did have to harangue the waitress to bring me another Dos Equis (beer). Don't go for the service, go for the food. Would definitely dine here again.

1  Thank travelinstead