“No refund during 2013 shutdown”

Zion Rock & Mountain Guides
Ranked #2 of 28 things to do in Springdale
More attraction details
Owner description: We are the Southern Utah adventure experts. Zion Rock and Mountain Guides offers "the most comprehensive guide service in Southern Utah". Whether climbing on rock, on ice, exploring incredible slot canyons, jeep tours, mountain biking or hiking the Zion National Park - Zion Narrows, we have an adventure for you. On your own or with one of our guides/instructors our staff can help you plan and achieve your outdoor adventure goals.
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I'm posting this since I'm not getting any answer from Zion Rock & Mountain Guides on the matter. We booked a tour on September 17th (for an October 11th activity) we only got confirmation on October 4th. The shutdown being in effect we asked if the activity was still going through and never got any answer. We also contacted theme to get a refund and still no answer even if I emailed them several time, filled their contact form, post on their facebook wall. Shameful service, not reliable.

Maybe they will read this and give me my money back...

4  Thank Joel G
"angels landing"
"visitor center"
in 39 reviews

Reviewed 7 November 2013

This was the highlight of my trip to the canyons of Utah! The guide was professional, friendly, and extremely patient! This was my first time and I was nervous, but I was in good hands. You can work out and customize the kind of experience you want. We went to Yankee Canyon, which was an intermediate canyon (as opposed to an easier one which you can ask for). It pushed my comfort zone at times but that's what I wanted. The guide was there for me the whole time - interesting, helpful, encouraging. He was really more like a coach, I could not ask for more. The canyon was absolutely stunning and beautiful! The repels were my favorite part. It's an incredible feeling and the whole experience was surreal - it almost felt like I was on another planet. At the end there was a bit of rock/slab climbing which freaked me out, but again the guide got me through it. You don't need any previous experience, but be prepared to get a couple scrapes. You can customize what you want and they'll take you to the appropriate canyon, like for example if you want less rockclimbing but more repels. I still look at my pictures over and over from this, and it's been a month. Great experience, must do!

1  Thank Steve890
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My girlfriend and I did a half day Canyoneering trip with Chad and the boys at ZR&MG. Although the national park was closed while we were there Chad got us to an awesome little area to do some slot canyon repelling and some pretty easy going hiking. He hooked us up with tons of info on the area and some insider info of where to camp and hike outside the park. As for the repelling, it was an awesome experience and is a must do for the non seasoned canyoneer. I would recommend for all ages as it not physically difficult and they will get you up close and personal to some incredible geology and scenery with a little adrenaline built in.

1  Thank Matt B
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Although I'm an avid hiker, I've never been canyoneering, and only repelled once before. Chad, our able guide, listened to what we were interested (and not interested- such as getting wet on a chilly day) in doing, and planned a route accordingly. It was tremendous fun, and a completely appropriate level of difficulty- not too easy, but not too difficult. I would highly recommend these guides and would hire them again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Dean Jr drove us to the Chamberlain Ranch trail head to hike the Narrows. We appreciated that he was prompt, and made fun conversation throughout the drive. He gave us great ideas of places to hike on our next trip to the area. It was nice to get "insider" information from someone who knows the park and the area well.

A couple of us rented shoes and neoprene socks for the hike, which were great to have. I would recommend bringing your own trekking poles rather than the poles they have available (thick wooden staff about 5' long).