“Wouldn't recommend it”

Quality Inn at Zion Park
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Reviewed 8 October 2007

I booked this hotel largely because it was the only thing available for my dates... I really wanted the Desert Pearl, but it was full. I definitely wouldn't recommend this hotel, mainly because most rooms have adjoining doors, and they're totally not adequate to block noise; you can hear every word the people in the next room say, their television, etc. I'm usually not a complainer, but the guy next to me was so noisy I asked to switch rooms. Management was very nice and accommodated me... it was quieter, but still not what I would like. Rooms are really basic, motel-type. One plus is they have microwaves and mini-fridges.

The complimentary breakfast wasn't good. While the staff was very nice, I just wouldn't stay there again. If you want quiet, avoid this hotel, or confirm that you'll have a room with no adjoining door.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled solo

Reviewed 6 October 2007

This is the closest hotel to Zion. The rooms are in two small ~12 unit buildings right behind the office and in front of the campgrounds. The room was what I would expect from a Quality Inn. Clean, reasonable sized rooms, standard amenities.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly at check in, check out, and when ever I dealt with them.

The outdoor pool was rather small but didn't seem over crowded.

I was on a lower floor and the view out my window was the campground. Second story might do better.

There is a small Mexican restaurant attached to the office. Standard Quality Inn "free" breakfast, pancakes, cereal, juice, fruit.

Frankly when visiting Zion I don't spend much time in the room. This one met my needs quite nicely.

One friendly touch, I was hiking the narrows after I checked out. They allowed me to use the camper showers after I came out of the Park. Which was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2007

Recently stayed here for one night while visiting Zion Park.
On the plus side the inn is very close to the park, only 2 stops on the bus. The breakfast was pretty much the standard cereal, toast, fruit + coffee.
The room however was very basic, none seem to have any views to speak off. Decor seemed very worn. Mine was also beside the entrance to the block which had a very old and noisy AC running all the time - other than cooling down the corridor I can't see what it was on for.
Inn is attached to an RV park and it seems largely geared up to service that with the motel as an aside.
There is another Quality Inn on the way into town which appeared to be much better so I expect some of the reviewers are actually referring to that.
As somewhere to just rest your head for a night it is fine. If you are on vacation or looking for more I would look elsewhere.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed 4 September 2007

The hotel was right outside of Zion NP. The hotel was very clean, inside and out. There is a trailer park associated with it but the park was clean too. The staff was nice and helpful and we were given a complimentary voucher for breakfast (couldn't use it, left too early). I would highly suggested this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2007

After reading some of the reviews this property had received, I was a little nervous wondering what to expect. I don't know if I just have different expectations than others, but I was really happy with this hotel. Our group of six adults and 8 children stayed comfortably. The hotel was about as close as you can get to Zion and the property was clean and quiet. I actually liked the RV park that is onsite because the management let us take our grills to the camping area to cookout both nights we were there. The pool area was nice, though not extravagent and the kids were able to go to the end of the camping area and play in the river. We stayed in quite a few nicer hotels on our trip through the Southern Utah National Parks and up to Jackson and Yellowstone, but this might have been my favorite stay. If we ever go back to Zion, which I highly recommend, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2007

We stayed here 2 nights. We are going to stay 3 nights, but changed to 2 after seeing the property. I will say that it was clean,but that is about all I can say about it. It is a very basic hotel. There was no view from the room and it looked to be the same for most of the rooms. The breakfast was very poor and they wanted you to have a ticket, they have got to be kidding no one would try to steal one. If you are thinking about this hotel because it has a free breakfast chose somewhere else and bring milk and cereal.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Corkygirl
Reviewed 12 July 2007

Zion Park Blvd. is lined with beautiful hotels but Quality Inn at Zion Park is the exception. Just about any other hotel is nicer than this one. I made reservations for this hotel online so I didn't know how bad it was until I got here. This is not really a hotel at all. It's a crumy looking trailer park for RVs and the "hotel" is a few sparse buildings in the lot behind the trailers. Every other hotel on Zion Park Blvd. looks better than this one. What a dissapointment! Don't believe the bunk about a complementary breakfast. All it is is a pass for breakfast at a Mexican restaurant next door. But when you get there they tell you that breakfast ends at 9:30 a.m. So 90% of the hotel's guests are too late for breakfast. Next time I'll stay at a different hotel.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family