“It was noisy for us.”

Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Woodbury, Minnesota
“It was noisy for us.”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The property is well maintained, clean, and the people very sweet, but my room was on the ground floor, and I could hear the room above me. I would have given the property a higher rating if I could have slept better. Every time the room above me opened and closed their balcony door I could hear it; starting before 6am and well after 11pm.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
bumbleberryg, Manager at Bumbleberry Inn, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear MaddyLO,
Thank you for your review of our property! I apologize for your experience with a noisy guest above you. I am glad to hear of your positive experience with the property overall and the kind and helpful staff. We are happy to accommodate room requests at the time of reservation or check-in and would gladly place you in a second floor room on your next visit.

Trisha C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Pleasant Hill, Missouri
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We (myself, wife, 5 year old, and 4.5 month old) stayed at the Bumbleberry Inn (should be named Bumbleberry Motel) June 29 & 30 2014. The room was spacious, but dated. The pool was nice however closed at 10pm if I remember correctly. There was a hot tub next to the pool, nice but in middle of summer little hard for me to enjoy. My 5 year old loved the pool and the hot tub. The wifi in the room was poor, in the motel lobby it was okay. The staff gave some completely inaccurate information about how late the Visitor Center was open at Zion NP said until 10pm, if I remember correctly closed at 7:00 or 7:30 pm. The motel staff did have some good information on the different hikes in Zion NP. The motel is a short drive to Zion, walking it might be a little long, we thought too long for the kiddos. The parking lot at the Zion Visitor Center fills up early so if you drive get there before 9AM if want to get a spot. You cannot drive the canyon in Zion (unless staying at the Zion NP Lodge), have to take free tram from Visitor Center. It was hot there during this time, AC in the motel room worked great. The restaurant nearby associated with the Bumbleberry, Willy's or something. I was not impressed, high prices, stopped serving sandwiches at 6pm. and the buffalo chicken wings (yuck, horrible). I do not think I have ever had worse buffalo chicken wings anywhere in my life. Tasted like wings mixed with ketchup and a dash of hot sauce, they were not very hot and just bathed in ketchup. Waiter did not warn me, little heads up would have been nice. The little grocery store a short distance south(opposite direction from Zion NP) from the motel was a pleasant find, lots of tasty items (parking underneath it or a short walk). A good place to grab some items of a sack lunch/picnic after taking a hike in Zion. There were some pettings zoo type animals in a fenced grass area behind the motel, not sure if belonged to the motel or not, but my 5 year old loved going over and looking at them. Take the drive on highway 9 east of Zion if you want to see some Bighorn Sheep, didn't see any big rams but lots of others, 5 year old loved it. Bumbleberry website mentioned having some shows that rivaled shows in Branson, MO. That would be nope, when we were there the staff said all the planned shows were finished for the year. The views from the motel were very beautiful and the room we had on the second floor had a nice balcony, very pleasant for evening relaxation. No elevator, you'll be carrying the luggage up stairs if on the 2nd floor. First floor rooms had a walk out area, but didn't seem as nice as the balcony at least to me. Overall given the prices around Zion NP the Bumbleberry was a pretty good deal. The Angel's Landing hike in Zion, very nice, but strenuous, not for kids, not for those with fear of heights, and not for those that fear of danger. It was just right for me, I loved it. The view from the top is awesome (words wouldn't do justice). To top it off there were 3 California Condors flying around while I was there. Get there early in summer, it gets hot, and you'll avoid a lot of people that come later. The first tram from the Visitor Center is at 6am, makes for getting up early but I think was well worth the effort. My wife was great and slept in and stayed with the kids while I did the Angel's Landing hike. I got back to the motel around 11AM. With family we did the lower and middle Emerald Pool hike (5 year old grumbled a little until we got to the falls) and the Weeping Rock or something hike was short, fun, and really neat. For those wandering about the 4.5 month old, Kety Kids has a PathFinder backpack, was simply awesome. Not sure if newer ones have Camelback style water supply, but I took an extra Camelback water bag I had and ran the hose through it and worked like a champ. She was riding in style and I was comfortable and hydrated. Extra special thanks to my brother and sister-in-law that let us borrow the Kety Kids backpack.

1 Thank Joseph J
bumbleberryg, Manager at Bumbleberry Inn, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Jsquared2013,

Thank you for your review of our property and your detailed review of your trip. I am sure it will be very helpful to those considering visiting the area. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the majority of your stay with us. I appreciate the feedback regarding misinformation regarding the visitor's center. I will address the issue immediately with our staff. I apologize for your experience at the restaurant on our property and will pass on the information to that owner. Overall I am glad to hear you enjoyed your trip to Zion and the Springdale area.

Sincerely, Trisha C.
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were hoping our experience at the Bumbleberry Inn would have been better. As we entered the room we found 3 or 4 things that made us question the cleanliness of the room. A used bath cloth was left in the tub, a q-tip was found under the sink and trash was left in the bathroom. We reported all of these issues to the front desk and they apologized and gave us a 25% discount on the room. I would like to give a rating of 3 since they provided a discount, but there were concerns about the cleanliness of our room. The location is great and the views beautiful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear LizDarla,

Thank you for your review of our property. I apologize for your experience when you first checked into your room. Cleanliness is something we take pride in and it is embarrassing to hear of your experience and our obvious oversight. I do appreciate you letting us know; the issue has already been addressed with the responsible employees and the process to avoid these situations has been reviewed with all staff members. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the other aspects of our property and hope you give us another chance should you ever find you way back to Zion.

Anacortes
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Pros: walking distance to everything in town but slightly setback from the road, shuttle stop to zion park right in front, decent pool area but we didn't use it, room is fairly large, balcony or patio with great canyon views.

Cons: the beds were hard as rocks...very uncomfortable after hiking all day. The air conditioner was extremely loud, and barely worked. We were on the second floor and it was very hot weather, so our room was baking. The thing was so loud we had to make the unfortunate choice of having to turn it off to get any sleep, but then we were sweating and roasting all night so still didn't sleep well. The desk people said they were not aware that it didn't work. I call baloney on that. The paint is peeling on the balcony and the wood veneer is peeling off the bathroom door.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear OhTutor,

Thank you for your review of our property. I apologize for your experience with the air conditioner. I will look into what specifically happened because our maintenance staff is specifically trained on air conditioners to quickly address any issues. It can get VERY hot here in the summer and we know having flawless A/C is a must. In regards to your other concern, we are currently in the process of replacing the bathroom doors and refinishing the balconies but I appreciate your feedback regarding those. I am glad to see your enjoyed the other aspects of our property, including the convenient location and beautiful canyon views.

Missoula, Montana
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This "Inn" is misnamed, it is a motel, but for its price, its a steal. The location is minutes from the park, and the rooms are clean and spacious. If all you need is a crash pad for your amazing day at Zion, Bumbleberry is the perfect spot for little money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear csquared2014,

Thank you for your review of our property! You describe what we offer perfectly. We offer those here to see the beautiful park a clean and comfortable place to relax after a day of hiking, and at a competitive and affordable price. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Zion and your stay at our property and hope to see you again should Zion ever "call" to you again!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 5 July 2014

From the back of our hotel room, we had a fantastic view of the Watchman mountains. There was also a pseudo petting zoo where you can feed some horses and tons of ducks. Rooms were very spacious, though a little dated. Nothing to complain about this place.

Dear Jigga_JZ,

Thank you for your review of our property! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, including the "petting zoo" and clean and spacious rooms. We hope to see you again the next time you visit Zion!

Hillsborough, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 July 2014

we had a 2 night stay at the Bumbleberry Inn. I had no part in the booking/payment for our stay. The rooms were spacious, we loved the sliding door aspect, and the pool/hot tub were spotlessly clean. Beds were comfortable, no wifi problems at all, and loved the location. The room door leading out to the hallway could use some work - my kids kept thinking the door would shut behind them as they were going in/out, but that wasnt the case. Overall, we were happy with our stay at the BI & would return again in the future.

Dear MaryTowell,
Thank you for your review of our property! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our property, including the convenient sliding glass doors and the pool and hot tub area. I appreciate your feedback regarding the door and will have our maintenance staff look into the issue. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Zion National Park!