“Avoid”

Terrace Brook Lodge
Ranked #16 of 16 Hotels in Springdale
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights on a trip. Wish we had read reviews before booking. Check-in took forever since there were two couples in front of us. Very, very slow.

The room smelled something nasty. I never saw cockroaches but did have to escort two big spiders out of our room. We were unfortunately booked in a lower level room and it sounded like a herd of elephants up there in the room above us. I think the people who stayed above us didn't get enough hiking in at the end of the day because it was constant walking around from them. You could easily hear conversations from your neighbors and don't expect them to have common courtesy. Our first morning our neighbor was up very early talking loud and locking/honking their SUV multiple times("no hunny the other button...no the other one! You're gonna wake everyone up" "OH WELL! Lol!"). For the love of all that's holy, if you stay on an upper level at this place, keep your hiking, hopping, twerking to a minimum for the people below you.

If you're not woken up by your rude neighbors early you will by the bright sunlight coming from the window(there is no light blocking curtains here like at every hotel). Definitely wear socks when walking on the carpet, or anywhere. The beds were surprisingly comfortable. Not a ton of hot water for showering but I did notice that when we would shower during off times of the day(NOT in the morning or at night) we would have plenty for the both of us. There is NO hair dryer - the only freaking trip I don't bring one and there isn't one in this place. One thing I found completely unacceptable was our beds had hair in them from the previous guests. There was also hair in the shower.

I can get past a few things in a cheap hotel(loud neighbors, lack of hot water, spiders) but not having clean sheets and a clean shower is unacceptable to me.

We didn't even attempt trying to get breakfast but from reviews you are way better off going elsewhere for breakfast.

The only good thing is the view and the location which was walking distance to our favorite restaurant Oscars. Highly recommend that place for good food.

Would never stay here again. Would honestly rather sleep in my car.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Awheelz

Reviewed 22 April 2014

"You get what you pay for" definitely applies here. It's very inexpensive for being so close to Zion National Park. The person running the front desk wasn't particularly friendly, and he informed us that "our room was broken" and tried to change us to a room with a single bed (instead of the two queens that we had reserved). I insisted on two beds, and he reluctantly gave us the room.

It definitely feels like a cheap motel. One of the power outlet covers in the room was held to the wall by packing tape. However, the beds were decent and the room was pretty clean. The thing that bothered me the most was the lack of soundproofing. We could clearly hear the conversations of the people next door as well as the footsteps of the room above us. The voices made it hard to fall asleep, and the footsteps woke us up early in the morning.

Breakfast wasn't worthwhile... coffee/tea, a box of grocery store mini donuts, and bread with jam and squeeze bottle spread.

Room Tip: Request a top floor room if you don't want to be bothered by footsteps above
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank graycodekitty
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We had a great time at the Terrace Brook lodge! The bed was very comfy, and we had a nice large flatscreen TV. For the price and location it was perfect! We hoped to check in early but as stated on the website and on the office door we had to wait until 3. The bathroom was nothing spectacular but in Zion national park who spends time in the room?

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan M
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This was the first place I stayed during a road trip with a group of friends from Minnesota. Honestly, we were a bit apprehensive because of the low ratings, but Terrace Brook Lodge was the perfect place! It was very low key and quiet. Amazing place to stay if hiking at Zion National Park... Closest and cheapest place to stay.

We were able to check in early at 11 am. The rooms were clean and accommodating. Our five group party stayed in the room situated above the office which had one bathroom, two rooms; one with two queens, and one with one queen. There was also a rollaway bed in the closet for free! The views from outside the motel were beautiful, it's nested right at the base of breath taking mountains.

Highly recommend staying here if you need a place to rest after a long day of hiking.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank moonchylde
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

This is a nice little hotel in Springdale Utah. It's inexpensive and I was satisfied with everything. Yeah it's not the best hotel in America. But for the money I was more than satisfied. I would recommend this to anyone driving through for an inexpensive place to stay. Has a killer view right off the front door

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Audiosnow46
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We got this hotel just for a place to sleep while we were visiting Zion National Park. I should've noticed something was up when there were only 4 cars in the parking lot when we arrived after dinner. The beds were not comfortable. At least the tv was of a decent size and worked. I couldn't tell if the room was in mid renovation or if that was it fully renovated. The one thing that scared me was the fact around the wall ac/heater unit, there were towels stuffed around it to fill the gap between the unit and the wall. It's like there was a bigger unit in there and now this new one was smaller. Because of this I couldn't sleep at all throughout the night for fear that while using the heater the towels or something might catch fire. Unfortunately for us, we spend the whole night freezing. The upside is that the heater did warm up the room and the room was clean. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay and not too worried, then book here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank KristiniGee
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I had a list of Springdale motels from some brief checking on line. At this off season time (Nov 2013) this place was $5 cheaper than the others we looked at ($44 as opposed to $49-50) plus they offered breakfast. We stopped at a couple of nice places but went on to this one because of those features. Mistake. We had been hiking in Zion NP; I was cold & wanted a bath for my achy legs. The small cramped room had a small shower. Got just a trickle of lukewarm water. Then the breakfast. My husband thought 6:30 to 9:30 but it was 6-9 and EXACTLY 9. We showed up at 9:15 & they were carting away everything! David inquired and the clerk snarled, "I TOLD you 9 a.m.!" He told us we could buy baked goods across the street at the grocery store and have coffee at the motel. We did so, came back and the coffee was gone. "You SAID you didn't want coffee!" I was informed. No, I said just the opposite. Anyway, I agree with the other bad reviews. This place is relying on one-time visits. Don't be one of them!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple