We stayed here for four nights on a trip. Wish we had read reviews before booking. Check-in took forever since there were two couples in front of us. Very, very slow.
The room smelled something nasty. I never saw cockroaches but did have to escort two big spiders out of our room. We were unfortunately booked in a lower level room and it sounded like a herd of elephants up there in the room above us. I think the people who stayed above us didn't get enough hiking in at the end of the day because it was constant walking around from them. You could easily hear conversations from your neighbors and don't expect them to have common courtesy. Our first morning our neighbor was up very early talking loud and locking/honking their SUV multiple times("no hunny the other button...no the other one! You're gonna wake everyone up" "OH WELL! Lol!"). For the love of all that's holy, if you stay on an upper level at this place, keep your hiking, hopping, twerking to a minimum for the people below you.
If you're not woken up by your rude neighbors early you will by the bright sunlight coming from the window(there is no light blocking curtains here like at every hotel). Definitely wear socks when walking on the carpet, or anywhere. The beds were surprisingly comfortable. Not a ton of hot water for showering but I did notice that when we would shower during off times of the day(NOT in the morning or at night) we would have plenty for the both of us. There is NO hair dryer - the only freaking trip I don't bring one and there isn't one in this place. One thing I found completely unacceptable was our beds had hair in them from the previous guests. There was also hair in the shower.
I can get past a few things in a cheap hotel(loud neighbors, lack of hot water, spiders) but not having clean sheets and a clean shower is unacceptable to me.
We didn't even attempt trying to get breakfast but from reviews you are way better off going elsewhere for breakfast.
The only good thing is the view and the location which was walking distance to our favorite restaurant Oscars. Highly recommend that place for good food.
Would never stay here again. Would honestly rather sleep in my car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Terrace Brook Lodge, Utah is located only one mile from the south entrance to Zion National Park on Highway SR9. The beautiful setting of the Lodge offers a park-like atmosphere and panoramic views of Zion Canyon. The Lodge is with easy driving distance to mountain skiing, Las Vegas gaming, year-round golfing, water skiing and some of the most spectacular geological attractions in the world. Make Terrace Brook Lodge your home base to see Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, North Rim Grand Canyon and Lake Powell. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Terrace Brook Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Terrace Brook Hotel Springdale
- Terrace Brook Motel
- Terrace Brook Lodge Springdale, Utah