La Quinta Inn & Suites at Zion Park / Springdale

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
3  Thank A La Quinta traveler
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites at Zion Park / Springdale

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed 2 nights in the month of march 2014. It was low season, and all was super quiet. Nice new clean rooms, smiling helpful courteous staff, great breakfast. Would definitely recommend to others, and return if I could.

Room Tip: Ask for mountain view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BeePekny
Reviewed 8 August 2014

It's big, lots of kids,( hey, it's August), well run, CLEAN, and just lovely. Very nice staff. For as big as this place is, you don't notice it. 5 or 6, 2 story buildings, all with out door spaces to take advantage of the spectacular views and lovely breezes. Fun pool. Above normal hotel free breakfast. A nice walk to Zion Park, or to many restaurants.

Room Tip: Not over looking parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Let me start by saying that I am the manager of a Hotel in Nevada, so I do know how to accommodate guests. I also understand fire code regarding occupancy.
I reserved a King Suite with bunk beds and sofa for a ladies outing. We arrived at the La Quinta approximately 9am the morning of check in. Being in the hospitality industry, I knew this was far too early to check in, so didn't even ask, although I did notify the Manager that we were there and we proceeded to hike Zion National Park for the next 8 hours.
After hiking and looking forward to a soak in the hot tub, I attempted to check in. I was asked how many, replied 6 and was immediately told this was too many and I could not check in. I explained that when I booked online, it said 1 King bed, 2 bunk beds and sofa sleeper as the sleeping accommodations. It was quickly pointed out that it said only sofa, not sofa sleeper. I questioned why they would advertise a sofa and did other guests perceive this as sofa sleeper and was coldly told "yes". Hmmmmmm? I should not have assumed sofa sleeper but it never occured to me that a Hotel chain would advertise sofa. Why put sofa in your advertising? Do you put chair in your advertising because the room has a chair? I then asked what we could do about the arrangement and was told, quite curtly, that I could rent another room at $199.00 for the night (were they kidding?) The Manager of the Hotel offered NO resolve / NO compassion.
I again asked what we could do to make this work and the Manager said rent another room or "try" to find something else in town to accommodate us.
I cancelled the reservation with assurance from the Manager that there would be no charge and as I was walking out, was told rudely, by the front desk staff, to "have a lovely evening". Really?
Being a Hotel Manager, I know that there is always a way to rectify a problem with a guest. After all isn't it our obligation to make the guest happy? I understand fire codes, but absolutely no solution was provided. This Manager couldn't be bothered.
On a side note, after reading reviews of this particular Hotel, I saw one woman stating the number of people in the same suite we had booked and there were 6 of them. Interesting!!! . Another review mentioned that they were offered a foam mattress for the sofa to accommodate their group. Perhaps I shouldn't have been so forthcoming about the number in our group, but what does that teach us?

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
12  Thank Karen R
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This was our second trip to Zion - and it was just as wonderful as the first time we stayed. The breakfast area had expanded since we had been there and there was something for everyone. Staff was very pleasant. Had to use the laundry facilities and one year later the washer and dryer still looked brand new - there wasn't an ounce of lint in the dryer filters! Well maintained, great view, very close to shuttle and restaurants. Hotel was full with lots of families, yet once in your room you heard nothing. Even had a family upstairs and never heard any noise. Completely recommend this hotel to families and couples/singles alike.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent, but if you ask for a room in the front you have a beautiful mountain view t...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JulieAM2013
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very pleased. Room was clean. I mean CLEAN. Breakfast was busy. They have a large area, but they were busy and breakfast was crowded. Plus, it was raining and many people slept in. The staff is attentive and helpful. I stay there again. I left something in the room. They tracked it down and sent it to me....

It is at the gateway to Zion Natl Park and expect it to be busy in the summer

Room Tip: I think they are all pretty good....
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I would stay there again in a heartbeat. This beautiful motel is on a sprawling piece of land with a beautiful view. Parking was no problem. Excellent ramps for those on the second level, or elevators for those with weak knees. The rooms were huge, modern and spotless. Our bed was perfect. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only downside was the restaurant, but with several excellent restaurants within a 200 foot walk, that should not deter anyone from staying at this wonderful buy.

Room Tip: Top level provides view over privacy fence.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family