“Great beers, good enough food”

Zion Canyon Brew Pub
Ranked #15 of 41 Restaurants in Springdale
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Description: Southern Utah's only craft brewery! Serving up our newest brews, standard favorites, and upscale pub food at our flagship Brew Pub. Located at the entrance to Zion National Park, with a large patio in the shadow of Watchman. Best view in Springdale!
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great beers, good enough food”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a perfect place to stop after a long day's hike for a beer and some grub. Don't forget you are in Utah and will have to order food with your booze. Like I mentioned in the title of this review, the beers were awesome and the food did the job, but didn't blow my socks off. Although I did not have them, views of the Reuben and burger looked like a very satisfying choice.

Visited June 2014

• Czech first
  • Korean first
St. George, Utah
“Meh”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

As fans of Zion Canyon beers, we thought it would be fun to check this place out. From the minute we got to the front door, the staff was chaos mode and appeared ill-prepared for prime time. Thankfully, our server was nice and attentive, and not spilling drinks (yes plural) on us, as was the female server that had some tables next to us (she dumped and broke a glass of wine on one table, then dumped an entire soda on a female customer, soaking her). In all my years of restaurant business experience, I have never witnessed such a train wreck as I did that night. Not only was this server rude and abrupt with her tables, she also forgot appetizers for the two tables nearest to us. I also witnessed her shake her head up as she threw up her hand to another table, as she walked away. Towards the end of the evening, the table next to us (which she had dumped an entire soda on) asked for coffee. She said "I'd have to brew some. There is some in the kitchen, but I'd have to make it". They declined. Then, another table asked for a glass of wine, and her reply was "All of our wine glasses are dirty". Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? There did not appear to be a manager on duty, so all the servers were essentially on their own. I felt for the ones that knew what they were doing, but I stopped feeling sorry for her when she showed her skills at making excuses and blaming others for her poor behavior.
Will we return? Nope. The food was decent, the view was amazing, and the beer was great, but it was a far cry from a relaxing evening out. We should have gone to the Bit.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank GeeksterGrl
Green, Ohio
“Good food, great beer”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

After a day of hiking, this was a cool and pleasant treat. The food was tasty with nice selections for everyone with large portions. The beer sampler was great, my husband really enjoyed the variety. We played darts while we waited for the food, and shopped at the store that was attached to the restaurant for supplies and tshirts. The patio looked great, but we wanted air conditioning so we stayed indoors. Very close to the entrance of the Zion park, the views from the patio were amazing. We would go again.

• Visited July 2014
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Fun place!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Much better than expected! Better than your average pub food, but stuff for kids or those with a simpler palate as well. Thanks to Ludo for a nice meal on the patio.

• Visited June 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“Right next to the entrance”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

After our first day at Zion we were starving and needed to eat, so we walked in and were quickly seated outside on the patio where there was some live/mellow music. Food was solid and beer was cold. Overall a great location, good food and great views of Zion from the patio.

Visited July 2014